How To Easily Start Garden And Flower Seeds Indoors On The Cheap!

01.13.16
It's coming. The New Year is just around the corner - and you can save money and get a head start on your garden by growing your plants from seed this year.

I think one of the most rewarding experiences for a home gardener is starting their own seeds indoors. For one, it's an incredibly satisfying feeling to make a tiny seed grow into a beautiful plant for you and your family to enjoy. It also can be a tremendous cash saver - plants can be expensive when purchasing them all at your local greenhouse. Especially if you want to grow specialty or heirloom seeds that are hard to find.We use a low-cost, simple set up to grow our seedlings indoors. It has allowed us to expand our garden and landscape without breaking the bank.Let's start with a few, money saving tips of what you won't need: Heating Mats and Specialty Lights.It's not that heating mats don't work - they do. They help warm the soil and help to germinate seeds. But unless you live in a 40 degree barn...normal room temperatures will work. It make a take a day or two longer to germinate than if you use heating mats - but the seeds will grow just fine.There is also no need to waste big money on high-priced "grow lights" or bulbs with a special light spectrum for raising seedlings. They do have a

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2012/12/18/how-to-easily-start-garden-and-flower-seeds-indoors-on-the-cheap/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    Great info and details as usual. If you must have heat mats, you can use those tiny led Christmas lights which are far less expensive and work just as well. Plus you can put them on a timer. We use shop lights for our seed beds. Got one blue and one
  • Sondra
    Sondra Janesville, WI
    My guess is that the RR ties are treated as most are. But they have been sitting around for a while and I heard that will help so whatever they are treated with will be somewhat leached out. That is awesome about your SIL. Its actually pretty amazing
  • Greenisgood
    Greenisgood Beverly Hills, CA
    and now you can grow a pet TickleMe Plant at home that closes its leaves and even lowers its branches when you Tickle it! http://www.ticklemeplant.com
  • Candye
    Candye Anniston, AL
    Why one red and one blue light.? :)
  • Candye
    Candye Anniston, AL
    Oh.! Lol..I guess I'm color-deaf.!:) Thanks you for your reply. Now I know.!
Old World Garden Farms