How to paint wicker furniture

Painting 08.17.15
Step by step tutorial on how to paint wicker furniture.
  • Before (ugly)
  • I brushed on 1 coat of oil based primer
  • Spray painted 3 coats of black semi gloss paint.
  • Sealed it with a coat of Helmsman® Spar Urethane since it is specially formulated for exterior or interior wood that is exposed to sunlight. Enjoy your new piece of furniture!

To see more: http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/painting-wicker/

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Great tips Kristin. I've a wicker settee that I need to finish refinishing this Spring. I hadn't heard of the Helmsman Spar Urethane. I'll be sure to get some since this piece
  • Tonya Miller Dean
    Tonya Miller Dean Kailua Kona, HI
    Wow I am so happy to have found your post! I was given a beautiful wicker sofa, but it needs some work. I've been very hesitant to begin because I wasn't sure how to seal it. I was even considering passing it on to someone else! Not now!! Your project
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Bedford, TX
    what can be used instead of spray paint? I just need to do the seats as the rocker is wooden. Spray paint will get on my frame I have already finished..good job on yours by the way!!
  • P
    I have painted loads of wicker and I prefer to use a short stubby brush to apply paint out of the can, It gives a better finish and is MUCH friendlier to the environment. You waste so much when you use spray cans not to mention the overspray that goes
Kristin

Search Feedback