How to paint wicker furniture

PAINTING 10.24.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Step by step tutorial on how to paint wicker furniture.
  • Before (ugly)
  • I brushed on 1 coat of oil based primer
  • Spray painted 3 coats of black semi gloss paint.
  • Sealed it with a coat of Helmsman® Spar Urethane since it is specially formulated for exterior or interior wood that is exposed to sunlight. Enjoy your new piece of furniture!

To see more:

• .
    . Schenectady, NY
    Great tips Kristin. I've a wicker settee that I need to finish refinishing this Spring. I hadn't heard of the Helmsman Spar Urethane. I'll be sure to get some since this piece
  • Tonya Miller Dean
    Tonya Miller Dean Kailua Kona, HI
    Wow I am so happy to have found your post! I was given a beautiful wicker sofa, but it needs some work. I've been very hesitant to begin because I wasn't sure how to seal it. I was even considering passing it on to someone else! Not now!! Your project
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Bedford, TX
    what can be used instead of spray paint? I just need to do the seats as the rocker is wooden. Spray paint will get on my frame I have already finished..good job on yours by the way!!
  • P
    I have painted loads of wicker and I prefer to use a short stubby brush to apply paint out of the can, It gives a better finish and is MUCH friendlier to the environment. You waste so much when you use spray cans not to mention the overspray that goes

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post