Hometalk.com

Clock Makeover

This clock is very special to our family. Some may say painting it ruined it's charm, but for me, it brought it back to life, and now I display it center stage. Before, it looked like an old clock that no one noticed, but now you can see all of the beautiful details that you couldn't see before.

To see more: http://www.redheadcandecorate.com/4/post/2013/01/clock-makeover.html

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I'm usually partial to natural wood colors, but I really like this. You're right, it does bring out the details.
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    I also have a clock like yours that was passed down to me. I haven't gotten the nerve up to paint it but I've toyed with the idea several times. I love that you painted yours! The details do stand out now and if painting it makes you love and appreciate
  • Terri J York, PA
    What a difference the paint made. I think it does make the clock and all its details stand out more. Before I would not have given it a second glance, but now.... a whole new story!
  • Redheadcandecorate.com Lake Orion, MI
    Thank you! I have it in our foyer, and I pass by it probably 25 times a day. I love it so much more now. My Mom liked it too, so that was a relief! She actually wants me to distress it more.
  • Venna Juve G Longview, WA
    If you like it then it's o.k. However I would not paint an antique clock even though you never plan on selling it, it does take away from its's value. Sitting on the wooden wall not noticable, but on the brick wall noticible. I'd have just moved the
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Does it work? I have one similar, one wire is broken (during a move) in mine, I keep for getting to tinker with. Belonged to a great great Aunt of mine.
  • Redheadcandecorate.com Lake Orion, MI
    Venna- Taking the time to paint something by hand adds value in my opinion. It may not be the "value" you are concerned with. My children will cherish this one day and then their children knowing Grandma painted it and put all of her love into giving it
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Julie it looks beautiful! How thoughtful that you put so much time and love into the makeover and mom's story makes it even more meaningful! I know you will cherish it always!
  • Painting clocks is all the rage - I've seen amazing cuckoo clocks painted such fun vibrants colors - love your version Redheadcandecorate.com !!!!
  • Redheadcandecorate.com Lake Orion, MI
    Love cuckoo clocks! Now that would be cool :)
  • Sherry C Portland, OR
    I would not have noticed the clock if I'd seen it in it's natural wood but the painted clock is so pretty and fresh. I agree Julie, some things have more "value" because of their history and the love and effort put into them. It's not always about
  • Redheadcandecorate.com Lake Orion, MI
    Thanks Sherry!
  • Likes

Sharon @ mrs. hines class Linda W Lillace Christianson Mary Beth Chrissy Wittenmeier Sue @ Housekaboodle Terri J Storywood Designs Nothing