DIY Scrubbing Cleanser

for the home 6 days ago
Using only baking soda, vinegar and dish detergent you can make your own scrubbing cleanser and eliminate yet another costly cleaning product from your home AND get awesome results! Check out my stove top before and after.
Time: 2 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/01/diy-eco-friendly-and-money-saving-scrubbing-cleanser/

• Sierra
    Sierra Lewistown, PA
    that may work for you, but i would highly recommend not mixing your baking soda and vinegar. science says that that completely destroys the properties of both ingredients. baking soda + vinegar = water. i have used NOTHING but baking soda, vinegar, and
    • Shelbybella
      shelbybella Marshalltown, IA
      Sierra I was wondering about why some dont know you should not mix baking soda and vinegar. lol. ..I use a mixture of baking soda and bar keepers friend for my stove parts , after
  • Alison Brown
    Alison Brown United Kingdom
    I did this a few years ago and it took all the enamel paint off the front of the cooker, now just looks old and rusty.
  • D P
    D P Grand Rapids, MI
    is there a solution for mineral deposits and mold in the shower? Poor ventilation is a big part of the problem
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Hi, D P ~ I have a post about what I use for mineral deposits http://www.hometalk.com/659849/get-rid-of-li...
  • Jody Huntsman
    Jody Huntsman Anderson, IN
    I use dish soap and Vinegar for almost everything. I have not tried with baking soda, The one I use is a miracle cleaner!!! Excited about trying with baking soda!
  • Kathy Milam
    Kathy Milam Richlands, NC
    Sierra is correct, After baking soda and vinegar have their initial chemical reaction, they neutralize each other and turn to water. I've been make all natural, organic, cleaners for
  • Stephanie Volkert
    Stephanie Volkert Roswell, NM
    I use to use this mixture, then realized that baking soda and water alone works just as well. Better actually, IMO. I posted it on here - "The $1 Stove Cleaner."
  • Marlene Wilson
    Marlene Wilson Saint Marys, WV
    I ran out of Lysol toilet cleaner,os this morning I used white vinegar and Prell shampoo.It did the Job.I could have added soda but i forgot,any way it's clean.
  • Pattie
    Pattie Pewaukee, WI
    How do you clean a glass top stove??
    • Shelbybella
      shelbybella Marshalltown, IA
      Pattie ..you cannot use abrasives on glass stove tops. Or anything like abrasive scrubbers. I have used a paste of baking soda, some lemon juice ( or you can use lemon essential oil
  • Jess_lyn41577
    Thank you. I'll be trying this tomorrow. I've already cleaned the burners. Amazingly alls I needed was....Tin Foil!! Burners actually look brand new. The noise that's made by the friction is somewhat like Nails on a Chalkboard. End result is worth it.
  • Katharine S
    I reuse the dawn foam dispenser mixing dawn with vinegar for the bathroom. It's better smelling that most bathroom cleaners too.
  • Eyesdebo
    Eyesdebo Toccoa, GA
    How would you clean the gas burners? They are removable....mine are turning black. Can I soak them in ammonia?
    • Mary Beth
      Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
      I used the same mixture above on my gas burners to scrub them clean. I have never tried soaking mine in ammonia so I'm not sure how that would work Eyesdebo
    • Linda Jowers
      Eyesdebo We used the ammonia in a plastic zip bag for my daughter's gas burners & what did not fall off overnight came off easily with a rinse & light scrubbing with regular combo
  • Elaine Freimuth
    Elaine Freimuth Rhinelander, WI
    I will try this! Thanks for sharing
  • Flood Services Canada
    That's pretty nice to know that how we can make great use of simple things we have at our home !!
  • Laurkent
    Put the element rings and the drip pans in the dishwasher (if you have one) at least once a week and save yourself the work of using bags and ammonia. If you still have bits that don't come off, then try the ammonia method. Also, put your roaster pan in
Mary Beth