Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Scrubbing Cleanser

cleaning 01.21.15
Using only baking soda, vinegar and dish detergent you can make your own scrubbing cleanser and eliminate yet another costly cleaning product from your home AND get awesome results! Check out my stove top before and after.
Time: 2 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/01/diy-eco-friendly-and-money-saving-scrubbing-cleanser/

34 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 34 comments | See Previous
  • Toni Pardoe Ellsworth
    Toni Pardoe Ellsworth Spanish Fork, UT
    DAWN makes a cleaner that is made for cleaning off really burnt on stuff. I haven't used it on many things it didn't clean.
  • Penster47
    Penster47 Verona, MO
    I put my "spiders" from my gas stove in my dishwasher when I run a load. Once you get them really clean, then do them once a week or so and they will never get caked up with grease again. If they have gotten really caked before, then you might have to
  • Loretta Roberts Thornton
    I make my own scrubbing cleaner using borax, Murphys oil soap and lemon juice. No set quantities just put the borax in a plastic bowl and Murphys a little a time to make a paste, then add a little lemon juice. I used it everything from a stove top,
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Totally doing this Mary Beth! :-) ~Vanessa
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    You'll love it, At The Picket Fence :)
  • Sierra
    Sierra Lewistown, PA
    that may work for you, but i would highly recommend not mixing your baking soda and vinegar. science says that that completely destroys the properties of both ingredients. baking soda + vinegar = water. i have used NOTHING but baking soda, vinegar, and
  • Alison Brown
    Alison Brown United Kingdom
    I did this a few years ago and it took all the enamel paint off the front of the cooker, now just looks old and rusty.
  • D P
    D P Grand Rapids, MI
    is there a solution for mineral deposits and mold in the shower? Poor ventilation is a big part of the problem
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Hi, D P ~ I have a post about what I use for mineral deposits http://www.hometalk.com/659849/get-rid-of-li...
  • Jody Huntsman
    Jody Huntsman Anderson, IN
    I use dish soap and Vinegar for almost everything. I have not tried with baking soda, The one I use is a miracle cleaner!!! Excited about trying with baking soda!
  • Kathy Milam
    Kathy Milam Richlands, NC
    Sierra is correct, After baking soda and vinegar have their initial chemical reaction, they neutralize each other and turn to water. I've been make all natural, organic, cleaners for
  • Stephanie Volkert
    Stephanie Volkert Roswell, NM
    I use to use this mixture, then realized that baking soda and water alone works just as well. Better actually, IMO. I posted it on here - "The $1 Stove Cleaner."
  • Marlene Wilson
    Marlene Wilson Saint Marys, WV
    I ran out of Lysol toilet cleaner,os this morning I used white vinegar and Prell shampoo.It did the Job.I could have added soda but i forgot,any way it's clean.
  • Pattie
    Pattie Pewaukee, WI
    How do you clean a glass top stove??
  • Jess_lyn41577
    Thank you. I'll be trying this tomorrow. I've already cleaned the burners. Amazingly alls I needed was....Tin Foil!! Burners actually look brand new. The noise that's made by the friction is somewhat like Nails on a Chalkboard. End result is worth it.
Mary Beth

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing