DIY Scrubbing Cleanser

cleaning 01.20.16
Using only baking soda, vinegar and dish detergent you can make your own scrubbing cleanser and eliminate yet another costly cleaning product from your home AND get awesome results! Check out my stove top before and after. #‎CleanHome‬
Time: 2 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/01/diy-eco-friendly-and-money-saving-scrubbing-cleanser/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Eyesdebo
    Eyesdebo Toccoa, GA
    How would you clean the gas burners? They are removable....mine are turning black. Can I soak them in ammonia?
    • Linda Jowers
      Linda Jowers Southaven, MS
      Eyesdebo We used the ammonia in a plastic zip bag for my daughter's gas burners & what did not fall off overnight came off easily with a rinse & light scrubbing with regular combo
  • Katharine S
    Katharine S Woodland Hills, CA
    I reuse the dawn foam dispenser mixing dawn with vinegar for the bathroom. It's better smelling that most bathroom cleaners too.
  • Jess_lyn41577
    jess_lyn41577 Harlan, IN
    Thank you. I'll be trying this tomorrow. I've already cleaned the burners. Amazingly alls I needed was....Tin Foil!! Burners actually look brand new. The noise that's made by the friction is somewhat like Nails on a Chalkboard. End result is worth it.
  • Pattie
    Pattie Pewaukee, WI
    How do you clean a glass top stove??
    • Shelby @ The Weathered Barn Studio
      Pattie ..you cannot use abrasives on glass stove tops. Or anything like abrasive scrubbers. I have used a paste of baking soda, some lemon juice ( or you can use lemon essential oil
  • Marlene Wilson
    Marlene Wilson Saint Marys, WV
    I ran out of Lysol toilet cleaner,os this morning I used white vinegar and Prell shampoo.It did the Job.I could have added soda but i forgot,any way it's clean.
  • Stephanie Volkert
    Stephanie Volkert Roswell, NM
    I use to use this mixture, then realized that baking soda and water alone works just as well. Better actually, IMO. I posted it on here - "The $1 Stove Cleaner."
  • Kathy Milam
    Kathy Milam Richlands, NC
    Sierra is correct, After baking soda and vinegar have their initial chemical reaction, they neutralize each other and turn to water. I've been make all natural, organic, cleaners for
  • Jody Huntsman
    Jody Huntsman Anderson, IN
    I use dish soap and Vinegar for almost everything. I have not tried with baking soda, The one I use is a miracle cleaner!!! Excited about trying with baking soda!
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Hi, D P ~ I have a post about what I use for mineral deposits http://www.hometalk.com/659849/get-rid-of-lim...
  • D P
    D P Grand Rapids, MI
    is there a solution for mineral deposits and mold in the shower? Poor ventilation is a big part of the problem
  • Alison Brown
    Alison Brown United Kingdom
    I did this a few years ago and it took all the enamel paint off the front of the cooker, now just looks old and rusty.
  • Sierra
    Sierra Lewistown, PA
    that may work for you, but i would highly recommend not mixing your baking soda and vinegar. science says that that completely destroys the properties of both ingredients. baking soda + vinegar = water. i have used NOTHING but baking soda, vinegar, and
    • Shelby @ The Weathered Barn Studio
      Sierra I was wondering about why some dont know you should not mix baking soda and vinegar. lol. ..I use a mixture of baking soda and bar keepers friend for my stove parts , after
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    You'll love it, At The Picket Fence :)
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Totally doing this Mary Beth! :-) ~Vanessa
  • Loretta Roberts Thornton
    I make my own scrubbing cleaner using borax, Murphys oil soap and lemon juice. No set quantities just put the borax in a plastic bowl and Murphys a little a time to make a paste, then add a little lemon juice. I used it everything from a stove top,
Mary Beth