From Traditional to Modern: Master Bedroom Furniture Makeover

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Why spend the money on new bedroom furniture when you can simply transform your current set with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware!

I removed the old hardware and completely sanded the nightstand, dresser and mirror. For the paint I chose Valspar flat black. I used a small foam roller to paint the large surfaces and a brush for the detailed areas. Be careful with the paint job until it fully cures so you won't get any knicks or scratches (about 7 days).

Entire makeover cost around $50 for paint and supplies, then another $50 for the hardware.

Makeover was completed about a year and a half ago and still looks great!

To see more:

• Marion Nesbitt
    Like it.
  • Cwatthepark
    cwatthepark Salem, OR
    Wow! So very pretty! I have been thinking doing this exact thing to my bedrooom pieces. Now, thanks to you, I KNOW I'm going to do it. Great job! And thank you for the inspiration.
  • Lesley
    Lesley Beckley, WV
    I'm inspired!!
  • Jlender14
    jlender14 Seminole, FL
    Great job and very pretty!
  • Cheryl
    cheryl Saint Augustine, FL
    Great job! I agree with Susan Hogan if you really want it updated. The ironwork on the top of the mirror keeps it from looking modern since it's from a different period. Otherwise, I think it's a great re-do and looks so much better.
How to Nest for Less - Erin

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post