From Traditional to Modern: Master Bedroom Furniture Makeover

06.25.15
Why spend the money on new bedroom furniture when you can simply transform your current set with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware!

I removed the old hardware and completely sanded the nightstand, dresser and mirror. For the paint I chose Valspar flat black. I used a small foam roller to paint the large surfaces and a brush for the detailed areas. Be careful with the paint job until it fully cures so you won't get any knicks or scratches (about 7 days).

Entire makeover cost around $50 for paint and supplies, then another $50 for the hardware.

Makeover was completed about a year and a half ago and still looks great!

To see more: http://howtonestforless.com/2011/08/04/revamped-bedroom-furniture/

• Marion Nesbitt
    Like it.
  • Cwatthepark
    cwatthepark Salem, OR
    Wow! So very pretty! I have been thinking doing this exact thing to my bedrooom pieces. Now, thanks to you, I KNOW I'm going to do it. Great job! And thank you for the inspiration.
  • Lesley
    Lesley Beckley, WV
    I'm inspired!!
  • Jlender14
    jlender14 Seminole, FL
    Great job and very pretty!
  • Cheryl
    cheryl Saint Augustine, FL
    Great job! I agree with Susan Hogan if you really want it updated. The ironwork on the top of the mirror keeps it from looking modern since it's from a different period. Otherwise, I think it's a great re-do and looks so much better.
How to Nest for Less - Erin