Tips For A Blissfully Organized Pantry

Pantry 09.06.15
Since the pantry is behind closed doors, it's easy to constantly take food out and put more in without giving much thought to its order (or the stuff wedged in the back!) But over time, things can become so disorganized that you forget what you have, and food goes bad or you end up buying more of something you don't need.

-Begin by removing everything from the pantry and clean the space. Lay everything out on a countertop or table, and take stock of what you actually have.

-Start by throwing out any expired foods. Then, organize foods into like groups, like canned goods, spice packets, and cereals.

-If you have a lot of small items like dry soup mixes and spice packets, try hanging a plastic shoe organizer on the inside of the door. The compartments are the perfect size for smaller odds and ends that tend to get lost.

-To help other family members put food back in the right place, try labeling the shelves with a Label Maker for organizational ease.

Time: 90 Minutes Cost: $15.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • (picture from pic from The compartments are the perfect size for smaller odds and ends that tend to get lost in the pantry!
  • -Clear The Clutter -Group -Label
  • Jennifer C
    Jennifer C Ocean Isle Beach, NC
    I have a shoe organizer (with see through compartments just like the one pictured) hanging on the back of my bathroom door - it's perfect for all sorts of extra toiletries, shampoos, bath salts, hair clips, curling iron, wash cloths, pretty much anything
  • Calleigh1030
    I use a similar over-the-door organizer in the closet of my spare bedroom/office to keep electronics cords sorted and neat. Never have to go hunting for a cord because they're all in one location and labeled!
  • P M B
    P M B Franklin, TN
    Have used this idea for many years... love how these can be so 'multi-functional'... just got one, cut in half to add to my kitchen under sick door for all those 'crazy' items that keep messing up the space under there.. much easier to get to and keeps
  • P M B
    P M B Franklin, TN
    *oops... misspelled sink... (sick)... :)
  • Diana Fuller
    Diana Fuller Birmingham, AL
    Great idea. I will try this soon.
AK Complete Home Renovations

Search Feedback