Hometalk.com

For the Garden 08.25.13

Need Some Inspiration For Revving Up Your Arbor Or Pergola This Spring? We Think This Will Help!

Littlefield Landscaping, LLC designed and installed the patio, arbor, plantings and post lights for this project. Clematis "Montana Rubens" growing up the posts.
12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    That's beautiful.
  • Thanks, Miriam!
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Wow, that is one happy clematis.
  • Thanks for your comments, Doug. We have drip irrigation to to the Clematis and hanging pots, so yes, with a little fertilizer and regular watering-happy campers!
  • Paula Cole Collinsville, OK
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!
  • Paula Cole Collinsville, OK
    Wonder if this will grow in Oklahoma??
  • gorgeous!!
  • What can I use in South...south Florida on an arbor?
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Johanne, you will get better results to your question if you post it as a new question using the red "post/ask" button in the upper right, but here is a list of vines for South Florida recommended by the University of Florida:
  • Thanks, Douglas I appreciate you answering this question. I would have struggled with it as I'm just not familiar at all what would do well in Florida. Big difference from the Northwest Region.
  • Deb B Elsie, NE
    that is really pretty
  • Arlene B Anchorage, AK
    What about Anchorage, Alaska? I know clematis do well here, would this be an exception. I can do zones 3-5. Thanks!