Has anyone had Home Depot reface their kitchen cabinets?

11.10.14
I've had a quote from Home Depot that seems terribly high - $14,000.00 - workmanship guaranteed for 5 years. I selected cherry wood doors & drawers with an amber glaze. Their price makes me wonder what a whole brand new kitchen would cost. My kitchen is approx. 10ft x 12.5 ft.

My deadline to recind the contract is Tuesday 10/4/11 so please answer/advise asap.

Thanks - Laine

• Gladysngarcia
    gladysngarcia Winter Park, FL
    Home Depot gave me a quote for refacing my 26 linier kitchen of $7,800. Please let me know your experience if you had this done in your kitchen. I feel that I can have a complete new kitchen for less. Please share your experience with me.
  • Asteppke
    asteppke Milwaukee, WI
    I've scheduled an appointment with Home Depot. I expect that the cost is cheaper than replacing all my cabinets. If not, then something is wrong with their pricing as refacing is meant to save $$$. We'll see how it goes
  • Malcom gonzalez
    Malcom gonzalez Lilburn, GA
    lol this people are funny. is impossible to compare jobs. u can only conpare what u getting and what's important to u. if I don't have to have inshurence ,background test ,drug test. then yes I'll be cheaper with some one that does not offer that. but if
  • Lamont C
    Lamont C Mableton, GA
    thanks ever one!! Now I don't have to sit for 2 hr. just to say no thanks.
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Sure they can remove the granite without breaking it....we've done it before....especially if you have the thicker 3cm slabs.....word to wise on granite is to always go thicker unless you're installing on a small bath vanity.
  • Micci S
    Micci S Roswell, GA
    There are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE differences in the quality of refacing products and companies. I know Home Depot can seem high, but I have to defend them here. It can be very confusing trying to figure out the apples and oranges in this case. Let me know if
  • Nichter's Home Services Corp
    In my experience, Hone Depot has the highest prices I have seen for cabs. Let them bid five different jobs and it is a waste of time for me. I have other suppliers bidding same exact cabs for less, with better service.
  • Laine B
    Laine B Venice, FL
    Thanks Marge - Wish I had some recommendations for independents in this area - I'm sure they would love the work. Maybe I'll look around.
  • Laine B
    Laine B Venice, FL
    KMS - Thank you for the removal description - I thought removal would be risky and impossible. I don't want to take a chance with my beautiful granite. All of my slabs are seamless - only 1 seam in my whole kitchen and that is at the sink. It took 4
  • Marge C
    Marge C North Port, FL
    Had mine done 5 years ago cost 8,000.00 light finish just ok wish I had more to choice from I think we were one of the first to try there program ps mine is just a laminate I would check independents with so many needing work it may just be more
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Laine removing an island's granite ...pretty easy. Removing it from regular base cabinets and sink location etc....very risky for breakage. Seams are epoxied...so the unit acts as one giant slab in most cases the epoxy is stronger than the stone...so
  • Laine B
    Laine B Venice, FL
    HandyAndy - You believe they can remove the granite without breaking it?
Laine B