Hometalk.com

Upcycle: Baby Changing Table to Desk

I picked up this incomplete baby changing table from atrash pile. If you'll notice, there are only 2 support beams, and two shelf pieces,therefore I couldn't just reconstruct this as a baby changing table. I love challenges like this!

I tossed around a few ideas: a tree swing, a bench and a desk.

I went with the desk because I don't have a good tree swing worthy branch and I don't need another bench.

What do you have in your house that could be converted into something more useful or needed in your life?

Time: 2 Hours Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://eveofreduction.com/upcycle-baby-changing-table-to-desk/

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    This looks great. I'll have to remember this one. I just gave up my home office, but eventually I might be able to have one again - and I could use the changing table my babies used.
  • Great idea - you made a distinguished piece of furniture from trash, amazing!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Awesome idea!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh I love this! If you need one you could add a cork board by adhering sheet cork to the back panels. You'd have to use straight pins or the itty bitty sequin pins but it could work.
  • Alina Noval Clearwater, FL
    well its beautiful but we don;t have the ability to do that
  • Wow! Great job! and so ingenius!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Wow! Trash to treasure success story! Good Job!
  • Bette Towsley Sand Lake, MI
    and it's so good looking!
  • Kate F New Britain, CT
    Wow - you're good! that is adorable especially for a child or teenager! Clearly you have a keen sense of vision.
  • Janice jenkins Bonne Terre, MO
    Love your ideas don't have the means of doing it but will refer to when I get the chance :)
  • I really love this! Great job!
  • Alina Noval Clearwater, FL
    GREAT IDEA