Hometalk.com

01.21.13

If Your Were Stranded On a Desert Island....

If you were stranded on a desert island.....which cookbook would you bring?

Can you let me know because I need to add it to my cookbook chair. I just finished this easy project to transform a chair from simple to fun and functional and I'm lookin for some cookibook suggestions for my kitchen.

You could add it to a study for homeschooling or an office for notepaper! The possibilites are endless! #MyKitchen

Time: 1 Hour Cost: $16.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/a-cookbook-chair

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    How do you come up with such awesomeness??? Could it be because you are so awesome?? :-) I love it!! ~Vanessa
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I love this idea. I've seen it done on a children's desk chair before, but love the idea of using it in the kitchen for cookbooks too.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I would take my mom's cookbook. About 20 years ago, she published a cookbook of everything I grew up with. It's out of print, so that wouldn't help you, but I have cooked almost everything in the book.
  • Jean Cloudy Lufkin, TX
    my granny's and a mexican food cookbook.
  • Jaderbomb Lafayette, LA
    This is so pretty!
  • My white binder full of recipes collected from family, friends, magazines, and online.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Sharon, I have one of those, too (except it's green). And I might take that instead of the Cooks Illustrated book. Also, how much could you cook on a desert island? Do I get an oven and a food processor?
  • Terri J York, PA
    Love it!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Good point Steve! Now if you added an extra "s" to desert, it would be more to my liking. :^D
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Mmmmmm, dessert island. Homer Simpson probably said that at some point.
  • Being a great study of Gilligan's Island, whenever I go on a 3 hour tour, I pack several suitcases and I bring along "1001 Ways to Cook Coconut". Just hope I remember my coconut opener.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    That would be my kind of island Steve. Not sure about Homer since I'm not a fan of that show myself.
  • Cindy L Vancouver, WA
    I would be fun in the garden with yard and garden books in it?
  • Lisa malesky Center Valley, PA
    I'd love this for my bird watching window, filled with bird book guides and a pair of binoculars.
  • My Mom gave me a Betty Crocker's Cooky Book!!! I still use it!!! Allll ways!!! She gave it to me when I was 8. I was born in 1963...and that is when the book was published! How awesome is that! I actually just found that out recently and I am almost 50