Hometalk.com

Cool Projects 04.04.14

DIY Air Freshener

My kids tease me about my sense of smell. They say I am hypersensitive in this area. I will tell them to take out the trash because it reeks and they tell me they don't smell anything! Ditto for cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, rinsing out dishrags. As I type this I am stringing things together and getting the feeling they have a selective sense of smell to go with selective hearing. Teenagers! Have you ever had a phantom smell in your house? Come on, admit it, I won't tell. You know what I mean. It is when you can smell something is funky somewhere in the house, but you can't find it. That is when you need me for a friend. I can find it.
Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/01/07/homemade-air-freshener/

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Cynthia Wooley Bath, ME
    i will have to try this
  • Shelley Hier Castleton, VT
    Got to get some citrus scented oil so I can make this! Love, love, love this idea!!!
  • Lindsey C Wilmington, NC
    I just posted this tutorial on my blog, but I punched holes in the lid. Love the cheesecloth idea instead!
  • Mary Brown Canada
    How long does the freshener last?
  • Catherine S Oakland, CA
    Well, I got a big bag of baking soda from Costco because it's so useful, and I have a giant lavender bush, and I have cheesecl0th - all I need is essential oil. I guess that's why they call it "essential".
  • Fragrances all bother me, but I found the one I can tolerate is grapefruit essential oil. I put a small amount in a tiny mister bottle of water and shake it good before I use it to spray a few spritz in the air for a fresh smell. I also placed my
  • Bea F Corpus Christi, TX
    I will have to try this. Thank you
  • Emma Pettit North Fort Myers, FL
    I tryed paperwhites inside too. Never again. Some smells just belong outdoors!
  • Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Love all the feedback! It makes me happy to read them. Thanks all so much for your comments. Sherri
  • Karen Burdette Dady Zanesville, OH
    This is so funny! My husband & teen say the exact thing to me. My husband says the FBI could use me to be their super sniffer. Ha-ha!!
  • Elizabeth Coe Talladega, AL
    thanks going to do this and even make some for family... they would love it!!!
    Karen, good to meet another super sniffer. We would make a great FBI team.

Elizabeth, I just refreshed mine the other day. Glad you like the idea. I think you family will enjoy