DIY Air Freshener

Cleaning tips 08.20.15
My kids tease me about my sense of smell. They say I am hypersensitive in this area. I will tell them to take out the trash because it reeks and they tell me they don't smell anything! Ditto for cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, rinsing out dishrags. As I type this I am stringing things together and getting the feeling they have a selective sense of smell to go with selective hearing. Teenagers! Have you ever had a phantom smell in your house? Come on, admit it, I won't tell. You know what I mean. It is when you can smell something is funky somewhere in the house, but you can't find it. That is when you need me for a friend. I can find it.
Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • Absorbs icky odors and smells good!
  • Just baking soda, essential oil, a mason jar and cheesecloth.
  • Fill jar with about an inch of baking soda.
  • Add 8-10 drops of scented oil.
  • Cut cheesecloth to fit. Screw on letting the cheescloth rotate loosely.
  • Place in the room you want and enjoy the lovely smell. Works well with floral, citrus scents, anything you like.

To see more: http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/01/07/homemade-air-freshener/

• Karen Burdette Dady
    Karen Burdette Dady Zanesville, OH
    This is so funny! My husband & teen say the exact thing to me. My husband says the FBI could use me to be their super sniffer. Ha-ha!!
    • Suz
      Suz Oklahoma City, OK
      Karen Burdette Dady ...Karen we must of taken the same 101 course and our families much have the same genes on not being able to smell--lol.
  • Elizabeth Coe
    Elizabeth Coe Talladega, AL
    thanks going to do this and even make some for family... they would love it!!!
  • Made From Pinterest
    Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Karen, good to meet another super sniffer. We would make a great FBI team.

Elizabeth, I just refreshed mine the other day. Glad you like the idea. I think you family will enjoy

• Suz
    Suz Oklahoma City, OK
    ...nice for you to leave a "smell" Thanks!!
  • Abaird
    Abaird Braselton, GA
    My teenage grandson says I have a nose like a hound! I love nice fragrances in my home.
Made From Pinterest