Clean Your Oven Glass

01.18.15
Another dirty little secret is being revealed today. How many times do you share with others what the inside of your oven looks like? I am going to tell our readers that I purposely let my oven glass get this dirty for the sake of this post. Yep. That's my story. And I'm sticking with it. {{wink wink}}

There are quite a few pins out there with instructions on how to clean your oven glass. They make it look and sound so easy. Right? Right. The easiest one that I found used two ingredients. Baking Soda and water. Two ingredients to clean my glass? I was all over that and set out to test this pin.

To see more: http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/01/17/clean-your-oven-glass/

• Gretchen
    Gretchen Richmond, VA
    I tried the baking soda route and it barely touched the junk on the window. Yesterday I sprayed on a product called Crud Cutter (from a big box store) while I cleaned the top of the stove. After 5 minutes all I had to do was wipe (with minimal rubbing)
    • Annetteswanson
      Annetteswanson Milwaukee, WI
      Gretchen what if you don't have Crud Cutter. Where can you get it. Living in Milwaukee, WI. Thx. Other options? easy ones? natural and good ones?
    • Gretchen
      Gretchen Richmond, VA
      Annetteswanson I found it at Home Depot. I have no idea about natural solutions. They haven't worked for me!
  • Made From Pinterest
    Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Gretchen, I have a small second oven that also has a glass window. You don't know how excited I was to read your comment. I am now on the hunt for Crud Cutter!!!
  • Toni Pardoe Ellsworth
    Toni Pardoe Ellsworth Spanish Fork, UT
    Have used Krud Kutter for years and I LOVE it! Everything from walls, floors, laundry pre-treatment.
  • Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    Another great oven cleaner is St. Moritz. It is a non-aerosol spray. It is highly corrosive, so wear gloves and a mask when using it.
  • Florita Arichea
    Florita Arichea Oxnard, CA
    EASY OFF oven cleaner spray also works and is available in grocery stores or big box stores. Leave it on for a few minutes then wipe it off (wear gloves). I usually wipe it again with wet rags to make sure I wash off the chemicals.
  • Marie
    Marie Center Barnstead, NH
    I use 1/2 cup of white rubbing alcohol and 1 cup of white vinagar and spray it and wa la..the baking soda mixture did very little on my glass but it cleaned the top of my stove.
  • Connie
    Connie Bakersfield, CA
    I never heard of krud kutter before. I was just checking it out on Amazon and see there is a gallon concentrate and also spray bottles that are pre mixed and are for other specific cleaning tasks. Which would anyone recommend for the oven and shower?
Made From Pinterest