Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
08.05.14

Clean Your Oven Glass

Another dirty little secret is being revealed today. How many times do you share with others what the inside of your oven looks like? I am going to tell our readers that I purposely let my oven glass get this dirty for the sake of this post. Yep. That's my story. And I'm sticking with it. {{wink wink}}

There are quite a few pins out there with instructions on how to clean your oven glass. They make it look and sound so easy. Right? Right. The easiest one that I found used two ingredients. Baking Soda and water. Two ingredients to clean my glass? I was all over that and set out to test this pin.

To see more: http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/01/17/clean-your-oven-glass/

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Gretchen
    Gretchen Richmond, VA
    I tried the baking soda route and it barely touched the junk on the window. Yesterday I sprayed on a product called Crud Cutter (from a big box store) while I cleaned the top of the stove. After 5 minutes all I had to do was wipe (with minimal rubbing)
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Annetteswanson
      Annetteswanson Milwaukee, WI
      Gretchen what if you don't have Crud Cutter. Where can you get it. Living in Milwaukee, WI. Thx. Other options? easy ones? natural and good ones?
    • Gretchen
      Gretchen Richmond, VA
      Annetteswanson I found it at Home Depot. I have no idea about natural solutions. They haven't worked for me!
  • Made From Pinterest
    Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Gretchen, I have a small second oven that also has a glass window. You don't know how excited I was to read your comment. I am now on the hunt for Crud Cutter!!!
  • Toni Pardoe Ellsworth
    Toni Pardoe Ellsworth Spanish Fork, UT
    Have used Krud Kutter for years and I LOVE it! Everything from walls, floors, laundry pre-treatment.
  • Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    Another great oven cleaner is St. Moritz. It is a non-aerosol spray. It is highly corrosive, so wear gloves and a mask when using it.
  • Florita Arichea
    Florita Arichea Oxnard, CA
    EASY OFF oven cleaner spray also works and is available in grocery stores or big box stores. Leave it on for a few minutes then wipe it off (wear gloves). I usually wipe it again with wet rags to make sure I wash off the chemicals.
  • Marie
    Marie Center Barnstead, NH
    I use 1/2 cup of white rubbing alcohol and 1 cup of white vinagar and spray it and wa la..the baking soda mixture did very little on my glass but it cleaned the top of my stove.
Made From Pinterest

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!