Kitchen Makeover

Backyard Escapes 2 days ago
We moved into a double wide mobile home and I was determined to transform it to give it a farmhouse feel - not an easy task for a mobile home. But it was easy! I used the existing cabinets and painted them out with Behr Creamy in semigloss. The flooring is click and lock from Home Depot.
I love the new look now and I feel I achieved my farmhouse feel. I made the Roman shades myself so I saved a ton of money with that part of the makeover.
Cost: $800 Difficulty: Easy
The 'Before:' bland, unattractive typical 'mobile home' kitchen.
The 'After:' Do you think I gave it a farmhouse feel?
I love how the light streams through the window to light up my new kitchen. The hardwood flooring made a huge difference in the room!
Painting the cabinets white made the stove just blend in. Love it!
The Roman Shades were easy to make but time consuming, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I opted to add a sink skirt rather than putting the cabinet doors back up. It added a lot to the farmhouse feel.
Here's a list of what I did.
Painted walls and cabinets
Beadboard wallpaper as backsplash painted in semigloss
Removed upper doors on some cabinets
Spray painted the existing knobs
Put down easy click and lock hardwood flooring
Easy sew sink skirt
Sewed roman shades
The rest is decor.
Have fun and go for it!

To see more: http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2013/01/finally-kitchen-reveal.html

• Susan
    Susan Wyandotte, MI
    u just inspired me! beautiful-love it.
  • Jan
    jan Sanford, FL
    Fabulous
  • Grammymontgomery
    You did a wonderful job. Very creative! Congratulations you should really be proud of your transformation.
  • MillyMolly
    MillyMolly Windsor, CA
    Your home looks so comfy and welcoming, wonderful creative ideas. What a transformation!
  • Tanya Horn
    Tanya Horn Beattyville, KY
    That is adorable!
  • Kayte
    Kayte Sandia Park, NM
    What a terrific job you did! The warmth of the wood floors was the perfect touch to a very homey, comfortable kitchen.

Great job on the roman shade, too. You pulled it all together nicely with your choices of decor. You table it perfect and

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Lebanon, MO
    Absolutely spectacular transformation!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • Paulette Terrell
    Girl...I Love your kitchen. You Absolutely achieved the farmhouse look you were striving for. Love it...I am inspired. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • C Crow
    C Crow Arroyo Grande, CA
    Love it! Hope to see the rest of your home! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us!
  • Kathy Jones
    Kathy Jones Huntersville, NC
    What kind of flooring did you put down? Also, what is the brand and color? I love it! Great job! (Also, love the table and chairs. Perfect for this space!)
  • Stormie Remus
    Stormie Remus Villard, MN
    OMgosh!! Is this the same house!!? Beautiful
  • Robin McDonald
    Robin McDonald Grandview, MO
    Absolutely stunning! You did a fabulous job!
  • Rose
    Rose Sparrows Point, MD
    Absolutely gorgeous.ill take it.
  • Joann Jarvis
    Joann Jarvis Chula Vista, CA
    Makes me want to do my kitchen. There is nothing like a warm and cozy kitchen. Beautiful in a homey way!
  • Tina Clark
    Tina Clark New Iberia, LA
    gorgeous
Teresa F