Kitchen Makeover

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We moved into a double wide mobile home and I was determined to transform it to give it a farmhouse feel - not an easy task for a mobile home. But it was easy! I used the existing cabinets and painted them out with Behr Creamy in semigloss. The flooring is click and lock from Home Depot.
I love the new look now and I feel I achieved my farmhouse feel. I made the Roman shades myself so I saved a ton of money with that part of the makeover.
Cost: $800 Difficulty: Easy
The 'Before:' bland, unattractive typical 'mobile home' kitchen.
The 'After:' Do you think I gave it a farmhouse feel?
I love how the light streams through the window to light up my new kitchen. The hardwood flooring made a huge difference in the room!
Painting the cabinets white made the stove just blend in. Love it!
The Roman Shades were easy to make but time consuming, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I opted to add a sink skirt rather than putting the cabinet doors back up. It added a lot to the farmhouse feel.
Here's a list of what I did.
Painted walls and cabinets
Beadboard wallpaper as backsplash painted in semigloss
Removed upper doors on some cabinets
Spray painted the existing knobs
Put down easy click and lock hardwood flooring
Easy sew sink skirt
Sewed roman shades
The rest is decor.
Have fun and go for it!

To see more:

• Jennifer Antalek
    Jennifer Antalek Toledo, OH
    This is one of the most effective kitchen transformations I've ever seen! The difference is astounding. Well done!!!
  • Kathy Sorrentino
    Kathy Sorrentino Providence, RI
    looks like a farmhouse kitchen to me, great job.
  • Jalena Rusaw-Slape
    Jalena Rusaw-Slape West Sacramento, CA
    Great job! I like the sink skirt.
    ROSEMARIE Canada
    U acheived the look 4 sure...most important is U did it on so Lil $$$$

• Klinn1951
    klinn1951 Shady Cove, OR
    Sows ear to silk purse. Love it and love your new farmhouse kitchen. I'm a beautify on a budget fan.
Teresa F

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post