Kitchen Makeover

Kitchen Remodels 5 days ago
We moved into a double wide mobile home and I was determined to transform it to give it a farmhouse feel - not an easy task for a mobile home. But it was easy! I used the existing cabinets and painted them out with Behr Creamy in semigloss. The flooring is click and lock from Home Depot.
I love the new look now and I feel I achieved my farmhouse feel. I made the Roman shades myself so I saved a ton of money with that part of the makeover.
Cost: $800 Difficulty: Easy
The 'Before:' bland, unattractive typical 'mobile home' kitchen.
The 'After:' Do you think I gave it a farmhouse feel?
I love how the light streams through the window to light up my new kitchen. The hardwood flooring made a huge difference in the room!
Painting the cabinets white made the stove just blend in. Love it!
The Roman Shades were easy to make but time consuming, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I opted to add a sink skirt rather than putting the cabinet doors back up. It added a lot to the farmhouse feel.
Here's a list of what I did.
Painted walls and cabinets
Beadboard wallpaper as backsplash painted in semigloss
Removed upper doors on some cabinets
Spray painted the existing knobs
Put down easy click and lock hardwood flooring
Easy sew sink skirt
Sewed roman shades
The rest is decor.
Have fun and go for it!

To see more: http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2013/01/finally-kitchen-reveal.html

• Jean
    Jean Vallejo, CA
    what a difference the new floor makes! That and the paint really pulls the room together. Shows how having a vision can transform a dreary space. Great job!
  • Juju, the Anti-Gardener
    Love it. Especially the shade: so cheery
  • Jeanne Black
    Jeanne Black West Roxbury, MA
    what a FAB redo! The curtain fabric is perfect & LOVE the ball fringe accent! Where did you get your chicken lamp? So cute. You have wonderful taste and a great eye.
  • Meloni Simpson
    Meloni Simpson Waycross, GA
    Looks really great and it does look like a farmhouse. Awesome. I have a mobile home as well and trying to paint and re-do. Seems like I am never going to get done.
  • Karen Woods
    Karen Woods Morristown, AZ
    Looks amazing! I want to paint my cabinets but am afraid the paint wouldn't stick. Are your cabinets wood or are they the ones that have contact paper that looks like wood?
    • Cheryl Conaway
      Cheryl Conaway Oskaloosa, IA
      Karen Woods My cabinets have some wood trim but mostly that paper stuff that looks like wood. Am so sick of all of this oak-look throughout my home. Have you found what type of
  • Debbie Patterson
    Debbie Patterson Lakeland, FL
    Awesome great joy!
  • Tina H
    Tina H Midland, MI
    Love the makeover! :)
  • Callmecarolynj
    That is just wonderful! I love it.
  • Jela Cook
    Jela Cook Middletown, OH
    Amazing. Love it all.
  • Jessica Eckman
    Jessica Eckman Lancaster, PA
    gorgeous!
  • Janis Gibson
    Janis Gibson Ellijay, GA
    Great job! Sure doesn't look like the typical doublewide kitchen.
  • Winnie
    Winnie Columbus, NC
    Nicely done !
  • Peg
    Peg Saint George, UT
    Just to cute....great job!
  • Rebecca Whittemore-Arsenault
    I love this!!! Great job! :)
  • Trish_sandford
    What an amazing transformation!! You have done a fantastic job..and yes..it looks very farmhouses!! Well done......from Downunder!!
Teresa F