Kitchen Makeover

We moved into a double wide mobile home and I was determined to transform it to give it a farmhouse feel - not an easy task for a mobile home. But it was easy! I used the existing cabinets and painted them out with Behr Creamy in semigloss. The flooring is click and lock from Home Depot.
I love the new look now and I feel I achieved my farmhouse feel. I made the Roman shades myself so I saved a ton of money with that part of the makeover.
Cost: $800 Difficulty: Easy
The 'Before:' bland, unattractive typical 'mobile home' kitchen.
The 'After:' Do you think I gave it a farmhouse feel?
I love how the light streams through the window to light up my new kitchen. The hardwood flooring made a huge difference in the room!
Painting the cabinets white made the stove just blend in. Love it!
The Roman Shades were easy to make but time consuming, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I opted to add a sink skirt rather than putting the cabinet doors back up. It added a lot to the farmhouse feel.
Here's a list of what I did.
Painted walls and cabinets
Beadboard wallpaper as backsplash painted in semigloss
Removed upper doors on some cabinets
Spray painted the existing knobs
Put down easy click and lock hardwood flooring
Easy sew sink skirt
Sewed roman shades
The rest is decor.
Have fun and go for it!

To see more: http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2013/01/finally-kitchen-reveal.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Alice
    Alice Reidsville, NC
    Love what you did. We're thinking of doing over the kitchen in our mobile home. I like the idea of taking out the island but not sure where we'd put the stove then. I love the white makes it look so bright and cheery and it does look country/farm like.
  • BONNIE J
    AT LEAST MOBILE HOMES GIVE U SOME CUPBOARDS, UNLIKE SO MANY CONDOS & HOUSES NOW! I HAD A DOUBLE WIDE & LOVED THE KITCHEN. I DIDN'T WANT TO PAINT---I WASHED THEM & THEN PUT OLIVE OIL ON THEM!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SHINE, I TOOK OFF ALL THE PULLS, TOOK OFF THE
  • Lisa Stewart
    Lisa Stewart Tallahassee, FL
    You did a great job! It take more than paint to make the feeling, and you did it. Lovely!
  • Deltamom
    deltamom Arlington, TX
    Most definitely a farmhouse feel! Good job!
  • NancyMaria
    NancyMaria Elko, NV
    Our double wide is 17+ yrs old and time for make over. So far in process painting ceiling and walls, next will be this kind of flouring. Thanks for great posting.
Teresa F