Kitchen Makeover

We moved into a double wide mobile home and I was determined to transform it to give it a farmhouse feel - not an easy task for a mobile home. But it was easy! I used the existing cabinets and painted them out with Behr Creamy in semigloss. The flooring is click and lock from Home Depot.
I love the new look now and I feel I achieved my farmhouse feel. I made the Roman shades myself so I saved a ton of money with that part of the makeover.
Cost: $800 Difficulty: Easy
The 'Before:' bland, unattractive typical 'mobile home' kitchen.
The 'After:' Do you think I gave it a farmhouse feel?
I love how the light streams through the window to light up my new kitchen. The hardwood flooring made a huge difference in the room!
Painting the cabinets white made the stove just blend in. Love it!
The Roman Shades were easy to make but time consuming, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I opted to add a sink skirt rather than putting the cabinet doors back up. It added a lot to the farmhouse feel.
Here's a list of what I did.
Painted walls and cabinets
Beadboard wallpaper as backsplash painted in semigloss
Removed upper doors on some cabinets
Spray painted the existing knobs
Put down easy click and lock hardwood flooring
Easy sew sink skirt
Sewed roman shades
The rest is decor.
Have fun and go for it!

To see more: http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2013/01/finally-kitchen-reveal.html

• Charlotte Wood Eckel
    So warm and welcoming.
  • Shabbyheart
    shabbyheart Ottumwa, IA
    I live in a 1979 14x70 mobile home. I love this!!!
  • Jean Thompson
    Jean Thompson Jefferson, OH
    Great Job... I know in mobile homes there usually isn't much to work with.. you really decorated nice too... Love the Skirt under the sink...! ! !
  • Sheila Wayne
    Sheila Wayne Hastings, MN
    Where you cabinets the laminated kind? If so how did you prep them and what type of paint did you use. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about painting laminated cabinets?
  • Teresa F
    Teresa F Montgomery, AL
    Yes they were laminated, I washed them with tsp, lightly sanded them, painted a coat of Kiltz and then painted with Behr semi gloss paint. They have held up perfectly!
Teresa F