Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.09.14

Over door organizer for Winter Accessory Storage

Matt and I have a TON of hats, scarves, and gloves. It's a bit of an obsession of ours. For years I stored these items in large toes in the bottom of our coat closet. I was always having to dig though to find the item I wanted, gloves would get separated and items forgotten about. So I decided a great solution would be to use an over the door shoe organizer to help store the items. Not only does it work GREAT, I can see everything and it hardly takes up any space! #organizedhome #storage
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $8.99 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.thediyvillage.com/2013/01/over-door-organizer-for-winter-storage.html#comment-3771

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • I love it! So smart!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    This is one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. :)
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com yes, this is a great idea. BTW there is a whole thread on using over the door shoe holders for ALL sorts of storage. I was amazed at the possibilities, I
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Actually i just took a few to look for the thread, I saw one, but it was short. the one i am thinking of is very long, on using shoe hangers in the pantry, in rv's, motel rooms etc....hmmm
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I thought I was the only one that did this for hats, gloves and scarves. I knew others used them for many other reasons like we did in our last home. I had one on the linen closet in the hallway for first aid, lotions among other items one might need
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I'm with Miriam I, I should have thought of this a long time ago! Theses sorts of things always get lost in drawers or bins! I have been in an organizing mood...is it because we are staying in our of the rain? I went to WalMart Sat. and picked up some
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    Love it! Mainly because I'm on the same page as you: I suggested doing this for our Winter hats and gloves to my husband just the other day! :) Now I can use your example to show that it will work...and so, thanks you two!
  • Cheryl C New Bern, NC
    My daughter started using these "shoe racks" for her daughters and husband. One is hanging on the foyer closet door for the girls' hats, gloves and shoes. She also has one hanging on her pantry door so the girls can get their own snacks(with Mom's
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I just noticed this one is made of cloth...did you make this one Jacque & Matt?
  • Linda LaMacchia West Babylon, NY
    love this idea!!!
  • Jeanette S, we bought this one, but it would be super easy to make one! We may give that a try as our need for more storage grows!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Jacque, they'd probably cost you more to make than you can buy them. Unless you have an overload of fabric bought over the last quarter century like I do ofcourse.