Over door organizer for Winter Accessory Storage

Closet 10.20.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Matt and I have a TON of hats, scarves, and gloves. It's a bit of an obsession of ours. For years I stored these items in large toes in the bottom of our coat closet. I was always having to dig though to find the item I wanted, gloves would get separated and items forgotten about. So I decided a great solution would be to use an over the door shoe organizer to help store the items. Not only does it work GREAT, I can see everything and it hardly takes up any space! #organizedhome #storage
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $8.99 Difficulty: Easy
  • Just hang the organizer over the door
  • Fill with your favorite winter items. Get what you want.
  • Save floor space for other items.

To see more: http://www.thediyvillage.com/2013/01/over-door-organizer-for-winter-storage.html#comment-3771

• MelBrandle
    MelBrandle Australia
    That's a lot of hats! And that's a pretty genius idea for storage of those hats! What would be even more cool is if the hats and gloves MATCH!
  • .
    . Schenectady, NY
    Jacque, they'd probably cost you more to make than you can buy them. Unless you have an overload of fabric bought over the last quarter century like I do ofcourse.
  • Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com
    Jeanette S, we bought this one, but it would be super easy to make one! We may give that a try as our need for more storage grows!
  • Linda LaMacchia
    Linda LaMacchia West Babylon, NY
    love this idea!!!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I just noticed this one is made of cloth...did you make this one Jacque & Matt?
  • Cheryl C
    Cheryl C New Bern, NC
    My daughter started using these "shoe racks" for her daughters and husband. One is hanging on the foyer closet door for the girls' hats, gloves and shoes. She also has one hanging on her pantry door so the girls can get their own snacks(with Mom's
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles
    Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    Love it! Mainly because I'm on the same page as you: I suggested doing this for our Winter hats and gloves to my husband just the other day! :) Now I can use your example to show that it will work...and so, thanks you two!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I'm with Miriam I, I should have thought of this a long time ago! Theses sorts of things always get lost in drawers or bins! I have been in an organizing mood...is it because we are staying in our of the rain? I went to WalMart Sat. and picked up some
Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post