Over door organizer for Winter Accessory Storage

Closet 10.20.15
Matt and I have a TON of hats, scarves, and gloves. It's a bit of an obsession of ours. For years I stored these items in large toes in the bottom of our coat closet. I was always having to dig though to find the item I wanted, gloves would get separated and items forgotten about. So I decided a great solution would be to use an over the door shoe organizer to help store the items. Not only does it work GREAT, I can see everything and it hardly takes up any space! #organizedhome #storage
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $8.99 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.thediyvillage.com/2013/01/over-door-organizer-for-winter-storage.html#comment-3771

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I just noticed this one is made of cloth...did you make this one Jacque & Matt?
  • Linda LaMacchia
    Linda LaMacchia West Babylon, NY
    love this idea!!!
  • Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com
    Jeanette S, we bought this one, but it would be super easy to make one! We may give that a try as our need for more storage grows!
  • Zzzz...
    Zzzz... Albert, OK
    Jacque, they'd probably cost you more to make than you can buy them. Unless you have an overload of fabric bought over the last quarter century like I do ofcourse.
  • MelBrandle
    MelBrandle Australia
    That's a lot of hats! And that's a pretty genius idea for storage of those hats! What would be even more cool is if the hats and gloves MATCH!
Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com