Over door organizer for Winter Accessory Storage

dyi projects 01.14.15
Matt and I have a TON of hats, scarves, and gloves. It's a bit of an obsession of ours. For years I stored these items in large toes in the bottom of our coat closet. I was always having to dig though to find the item I wanted, gloves would get separated and items forgotten about. So I decided a great solution would be to use an over the door shoe organizer to help store the items. Not only does it work GREAT, I can see everything and it hardly takes up any space! #organizedhome #storage
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $8.99 Difficulty: Easy
  • Just hang the organizer over the door
  • Fill with your favorite winter items. Get what you want.
  • Save floor space for other items.

To see more: http://www.thediyvillage.com/2013/01/over-door-organizer-for-winter-storage.html#comment-3771

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I just noticed this one is made of cloth...did you make this one Jacque & Matt?
  • Linda LaMacchia
    Linda LaMacchia West Babylon, NY
    love this idea!!!
  • Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com
    Jeanette S, we bought this one, but it would be super easy to make one! We may give that a try as our need for more storage grows!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Jacque, they'd probably cost you more to make than you can buy them. Unless you have an overload of fabric bought over the last quarter century like I do ofcourse.
  • MelBrandle
    MelBrandle Australia
    That's a lot of hats! And that's a pretty genius idea for storage of those hats! What would be even more cool is if the hats and gloves MATCH!
Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com