Hometalk.com

60 Comments Displaying 15 of 60 comments | See Previous
  • Virginia
    Virginia Gainesville, GA
    :-) I put alcohol in a little spray bottle by the sink, I use it daily to clean the granite counter tops. Excellent. Don't use on your wood floors though (use 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water).
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Virginia
    Virginia Gainesville, GA
    PS: on your cabinets, you can use permanent magic marker (browns & blacks) to fix nicks.
  • Rosalie M
    Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    I have used alcohol to clean many things such as my telephone, keyboard keys, door knobs, etc. I tried cleaning my kitchen grease as recommended, but alas, my husband creates to much of a mess when he cooks and this method did not touch the mess. I find
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I tried it on the microwave hood vent over the stove and it worked great. Now I'll have to get cracking on the rest of the stuff. I'll put the metal filters in a container to soak and the scrub with an old tooth brush.
  • Virginia
    Virginia Gainesville, GA
    Hey all, I went to the dollar store & they have these small spray bottles of rose linen water (smells great). Anyway I use that for cleaning (it works great). BUT, yesterday I put 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 rose water in the sprayer & leave them by the sinks in
  • Virginia
    Virginia Gainesville, GA
    You can put the vinegar in a bowl in the micro, boil it with water & then wipe the microwave clean.
  • Sheri Day
    Sheri Day Moores Hill, IN
    I saw a hint using olive oil and lemon juice to cover scratches on a piece of wood furnature. I rubbed the solution in well & then buffed w/a clean cloth. It helped cover the small scratches and shined it up beautifully! Also cleaned my kitchen cabinet
  • Amy L
    Amy L North Pole, AK
    For wood: vinegar and sunflower oil ... mix & use with a cloth to wipe it on
  • Rosalie M
    Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    Well friends, I don't remember who suggested it, but I tried using "WD 40" to clean the grease deposited on my kitchen cabinets. I am one happy camper and happy to report...IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME. I just want to say thank you to the
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Rosalie M HOw did you use the wd 40...interesting!
  • Rosalie M
    Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    I sprayed the WD40 onto a "VIVA" paper towel, and then wiped until the grease was gone...didn't take much elbow grease. I highlight Viva because of its consistency...being more cloth like. Cheaper to use cloth, but the Viva seemed softer than a rag and I
  • Linda Stone
    Linda Stone Inman, SC
    WD40 also cleans your toilet bowl, sink, etc. to where it sparkles. Spray on and wipe off, then continue wiping to "polish". Helps deter dirt as well. I use it on my stainless sinks in the kitchen and the faucets in kitchen and bathroom. It works
  • Cathy W
    Cathy W Portland, OR
    Now to swipe the can from my husband who claims WD-40 is only for cars!!!
  • Rosalie M
    Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    In 1972 the area in which I live was hit with a massive flood. Hurricane Agnes. We were advised to spray WD40 into each wall outlet, and any wiring in the portions of our home that were underwater. We were told it aided in drying anything electrical for
  • Sherie Walden
    Sherie Walden Purcell, OK
    I noticed that someone was using vinegar on granite counter tops. I just took a geology class and learned vinegar will break down the granite. it will eventually cause it to completely fall apart. I suggest you contact your local college and talk to the
CreekLineHouse .

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!