Hometalk.com

Peppermint Valentine Hearts Tutorial

Turn Peppermints into Valentine Hearts!

With a heart shape silicon mold just place a peppermint in each cup and bake at 250 for about 20 minutes until the peppermint has melted into the heart shape. Cool and pop out of mold. I found my silicon heart mold at my local thrift store for $1 and you can purchase a bag of peppermints at the Dollar Store.

Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $1.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://sewlicioushomedecor.com/peppermint-candy-hearts-for-valentines-days/

11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Donna C Marietta, GA
    mY SIS AND I DID THIS ON A COOKIE SHEET AND MADE A SERVING TREY AND ALSO A CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT.AFTER PUTTING IN OVEN WE QUICKLY USED A COOKIE CUTTER.WE GOT THIS IDEA FROM THE TV SHOW THE CHEW. WE WILL HAVE TO DO THIS HEART.THANKS FOR SHARING
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh my gosh this is just too cute!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I just popped over to your blog and saw your calico helpers. They are too precious! Our daughter is named after my childhood calico kitty. I love calico cats. They are so precious.
  • Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I have enjoyed them, they are just so sweet! I would love for you to visit again and say hello!! :) Have a great day! HUGS, Marti
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Not sure why, but I have trouble posting replies on blogs. I have a Google account, but whenever I try and post it just disappears when I click send. Which is what it just did when I tried to post to your blog.
  • This is so cool- I didn't know peppermint candies would melt!
  • This is crazy cute!! I love it!
  • Becky: I'm not sure why it does that! Maybe you could try posting as Anonymous and putting your link in the post. :)
  • Sheila: They are such a fun craft to work with...during the Christmas holidays I have seen people make tray's by mixing red and green peppermints then melting them in a cake pan!
  • Thank you Karen!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Marti I've tried the anonymous thing too and it just comes back blank as if I didn't write a thing. Just now realized it might be a setting on my computer or my firewall not allowing it. Not sure why it would happen there and not on groups like this though.