DIY Glass Shelves in Front of Kitchen Window

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Adding glass shelves between two sets of cabinets in front of the kitchen window is an ideal location for some plants. A little quarter round moulding, finish nails and pre-cut tempered glass is all you'll need!
  • See through glass window shelves allow light in and give you a spot to set your plants.
  • Measure a piece of quarter round.
  • Attach quarter round and slide in shelves. For more details on the installation process view my tutorial at the URL listed above.
  • A little sunny spot in the kitchen.

To see more:

• Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    BEAUTIFUL! I did the same thing in one of the bathroom windows about 10 years ago, and also about 5 yrs ago made a glass curio in my kitchen window. I actually posted some of the window curio's pictures here on HT.
  • Sharon Connors
    Sharon Connors Woodbine, GA
    This is what I had planned to do to my kitchen. I have the same exact set up. Thing is my kitchen is like a cave. That little window is the only light so I am going to mirror the sides of the cabinets to reflect the light into the kitchen.
    • Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk Australia
      Sharon Connors Have u thought about getting a sky light? You dont need to get the really expensive sky lights which costs thousands. I have one in my kitchen which was quite
  • Dorothy
    dorothy Taylor, MI
    I am constantly knocking my potted herbs off the window sill this is a great solution. Can't wait to try it. Ty
  • Trish Davenport
    Trish Davenport Edgewater, FL
    What a great idea this is and then I looked and saw just whose idea this was. Pretty Handy are a wonder. Thanks for this. ♥ Ladies & Gents you should follow Brittany, she has a zillion great ideas.
  • Alice Shockley
    Alice Shockley Jefferson City, MO
    I've been thinking of doing exactly this! I have a very dark house and the eaves overhang too much for any decent sunlight there, but I could put a grow light as the over-sink light to fix that problem. This even looks like just like mine!
    • Alice Shockley
      Alice Shockley Jefferson City, MO
      Gabrielle Falk I'm in the Midwest of the USA. I can't imagine why a place with the climate of Australia would do away with eaves on the houses! We've considered those tube
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post