DIY Glass Shelves in Front of Kitchen Window

glass shelves 3 days ago
Adding glass shelves between two sets of cabinets in front of the kitchen window is an ideal location for some plants. A little quarter round moulding, finish nails and pre-cut tempered glass is all you'll need!

To see more: http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/2010/09/diy-glass-window-shelves.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    BEAUTIFUL! I did the same thing in one of the bathroom windows about 10 years ago, and also about 5 yrs ago made a glass curio in my kitchen window. I actually posted some of the window curio's pictures here on HT.
  • Sharon Connors
    Sharon Connors Woodbine, GA
    This is what I had planned to do to my kitchen. I have the same exact set up. Thing is my kitchen is like a cave. That little window is the only light so I am going to mirror the sides of the cabinets to reflect the light into the kitchen.
    • Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk Australia
      Sharon Connors Have u thought about getting a sky light? You dont need to get the really expensive sky lights which costs thousands. I have one in my kitchen which was quite
  • Dorothy
    dorothy Taylor, MI
    I am constantly knocking my potted herbs off the window sill this is a great solution. Can't wait to try it. Ty
  • Trish Davenport
    Trish Davenport Edgewater, FL
    What a great idea this is and then I looked and saw just whose idea this was. Pretty Handy Girl.........you are a wonder. Thanks for this. ♥ Ladies & Gents you should follow Brittany, she has a zillion great ideas.
  • Alice Shockley
    Alice Shockley Jefferson City, MO
    I've been thinking of doing exactly this! I have a very dark house and the eaves overhang too much for any decent sunlight there, but I could put a grow light as the over-sink light to fix that problem. This even looks like just like mine!
    • Alice Shockley
      Alice Shockley Jefferson City, MO
      Gabrielle Falk I'm in the Midwest of the USA. I can't imagine why a place with the climate of Australia would do away with eaves on the houses! We've considered those tube
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl