Hometalk.com

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Thanks for these tips. I have never thought about some of these tips. I usually use a screwdriver to open my paint cans, and don't think about it damaging the lid.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    All very good tips. I do use most of them, but learned a few things too. Thanks.
  • I have used these steps for many many years.

1.) When you first open a new can of paint clean the paint off of the underside of the lid with the brush you will be using

• Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    I have found if I put some plastic wrap on it before putting on the lid, it helps immensely!
  • Great Home Painting Morrisville, PA
    Thanks for the great tip Elaine! The plastic wrap creates an additional seal.
  • Tommy Norway
    Great tip, i also use. but also i've learnd from my father to always put the can upside down, then the paint will last for years.
  • Tommy Norway
    paint will seal the can, but be sure you have a tight lid :)
  • Valerie South Africa
    Some useful tips here. I would also suggest that, when marking the tin with the date etc, a line is also drawn indicating the amount of paint which is still left in the tin. Do you have any tips on how best to decant paint from a larger tin, preferably