Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

I would like any ideas on what to do with left over thick glass tile squares?

01.27.13
And also can you put these on the 'floor'? in a non- high traffic area? Or even in an outdoor area? ALSO>>> I just moved back into my once upon a time 'dream home'.... renters have done $16,000 worth of damage! I am crushed! Thank goodness me and my boys are pretty good DIYers... but I need some help here folks! I need to be pulling some cheap tricks/ideas out of somebody's DIY bag to able to get this place back into shape. :-)
10 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    So sorry about the renters! Having had rental property I know from experience. Never again!

I don't think I would use it for a floor. Slick and what if it chips or cracks it could cut. Instead think of creative ways

This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Kitchen Kelli
    Kitchen Kelli Norman, OK
    If you have a few and they are hollow, put some collections in them and set them around the house - golf balls, vintage game pieces........it's sort of a more modern way to display collections based on the antique mason jar idea.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Few things can be done.

Remove what you can and use them to fill the basement window areas if you have them for light and increased security.

• Mechelle Beghin
    Mechelle Beghin Stoughton, WI
    Stuff them with christmas lights for a cool light feature, After you put the lights in you canalso fill up the spaces with glass beads for a little color.
  • Laurie
    Laurie Jonesboro, AR
    if they are vintage, they may explode if you cut them. We used some vintage blocks on the half wall of our bar. We put a light in the cabinet behind them.
  • Cheri Hooper
    Cheri Hooper Waverly, TN
    I'm looking more for wall ideas, I guess... not so much decorations... and uses outside... can you use these instead of lattice under a porch area?
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    I had a friend who had a very very small space between upper and lower cabinets of her kitchen, and it was an outside wall, so to bring more light in they cut out places for the glass blocks all across underneath a set of cabinets, adding more light to
  • Tammy W
    Tammy W Waxahachie, TX
    Send them to me !! LOL
  • DeDe @ Designed Decor
    Cut a whole in them and use them as a vases. Use them as decorative lights. Use as a flower bed boarder. Use them as a riser for a glass top. Bookends on a shelf.
  • Brenda
    Brenda Shamrock, TX
    I used mine underneath a old cabinet and made a bar out of it,run lights in it two bar stools and you got it.
Cheri Hooper

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing