Natural Flagstone Patio & Fire Pit

my yard 2 days ago
The client requested a flagstone circular patio with a fire pit that would blend with the natural surroundings. We installed irregular blue flagstone slabs over a compacted stone base, using Gator Dust in the joints. The fire pit is surounded with ironstone boulders. The actual fire pit is recessed below the patio and lined with fire brick.
Flagstone Patio with Fire Pit. Installed over a 6" compacted stone base and 1" layer of bedding sand. Delaware County, PA
Flagstone pathway leading to patio. Delaware County, PA
We modified the existing walkway, which was only a single slab wide. Pea gravel was used in the joints, and the walkway was lit with path lights from Focus Industries. Delaware County, PA
  • Mary C
    Mary C Englewood, OH
    I really like the lighted path the lights look like little BELLS ! the patio is nice too!
    • Willow Gates Landscaping
      Mary C the path lights are Focus PL-02, and I think the color is Antique Verde. The patio has gotten lots of positive reviews. :) It just fits perfectly into their back yard.
  • Aangie.fowler
    What is the diameter for the area? I have used this for an example for mine and have measured off what I think is enough room, but not sure.
  • Willow Gates Landscaping
    It's 18'not diameter. I believe the fire pit is about 5' diameter.
  • Bonnie Lewenza
    I really like the stone used for the fire pit, I wish that we could have a fire pit but they are against the law here. Just wondering though late last summer I noticed that they came out with special fire logs which are environmentally friendly has
    • Willow Gates Landscaping
      Bonnie Lewenza we sometimes install gas burners to avoid the wood burning restrictions. There's some really attractive options available, but they are significantly more expensive to build. I've not used any fire logs.
  • Carol Burkhardt Rask
    Carol Burkhardt Rask La Crosse, WI
    I really love the flagstone fire pit.... : )
Willow Gates Landscaping

Search Feedback