How come when my electric furnace comes on it smells like something electrical is burning?

10.27.11
  • Dan's of Central Florida, Inc.
    Rose, you mentioned before that you called your AC guy and he made a suggestion, but you have no said if he came out to look at things in person. If he has not done that yet, have him come and give things an inspection. At 20 years old, it may be at the
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    The blower fan control is faulty. The fan should always run when the heating element is powered on. You should NEVER see the element get red hot like that. Do not use this until a professional AC company takes a look at it and fixes it. The odor is the
  • Rose M
    Thank-you. Waiting for someone to get back to me. Having a real cold spell here in Reno right now. Last night was first night below freezing (in 20's) Everyone busy.
    Thanks for letting me know that you got my reply. I was worried.

Check for contractors on Home-talk site. You may be able to find one faster. Do a search for them off top of

• Emperor cooling and heating
    Agree with everything Woodbridge has told you!
Rose M