The Secret to Dealing with Quirky Room Challenges

Coastal 06.12.15
Our circa 1875 home presents unique design challenges when trying to place furniture to create good traffic flow. Too many doors and odd-sized walls means having to be creative with furniture choices and decor. Our living room is the most challenging since it sits in the middle of the house.

#LivingRoom

• Light wall colors help to keep the room fresh and airy.
  • Eco-friendly script bamboo mats pull furniture together and provides a cohesive look from room to room.
  • The window in the stairwell is not curtained so that ample light will fill the room.
  • A club chair provides comfy seating along a wall wedged between the staircase and laundry room door.
  • A simple wooden star adds interest to the window oddly placed at the bottom of the stairway.

To see more: http://townandcountryliving.blogspot.com/2013/01/dealing-with-quirky-living-room.html

• Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    I love your space, it's so clean and bright!
  • Adventures in Decorating
    Such a gorgeous room, Jennifer! So bright, welcoming and full of character!
  • Town and Country Living
    Thanks, ladies!
  • Tammy Lynn Hebert
    Tammy Lynn Hebert Sheppard Afb, TX
    I live in a historic foursquare so I get the quirkiness. But isn't that the character we love? I love this look. What paint colors did you use if you don't mind me asking?
  • Rachel Medina
    Rachel Medina Ogallala, NE
    Thanks for the rug info;) looking now;)
Town and Country Living