Hometalk.com

01.30.13

Light bulbs on chandeliers~

To all the bloggers....is their anything I can use on my chandelier bulbs that will give them bling that is safe to use??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Debbie~
11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Can you share photos of your style of chandeliers please?
  • If your looking to cover the bulbs the answer is no, you cannot cover over a bulb in such a way. It can cause it to overheat and can burst.
  • Winnie Columbus, NC
    Yes, you can. Have you looked into satin wrapped or spun silk wrapped bulbs ? They're specifically for chandeliers with exposed bulbs.
  • Becky, Here is a pic....I put shades over the bulbs and I hate it. I do not like how it looks. I want to hang crystals from the chandelier and I wanted to do something with the bulbs.
  • Winne, Where would I go to look at them and if I liked it....where can I purchase them??
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Thank you for adding a photo of your chandelier Deborah.

Bob/Woodbridge is correct. You should never put anything

• Thank You Becky :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome. Please make sure to come back and share the make over when finished.
  • I've seen bulbs that look like they glitter just like the LED Holiday string lights that have the fresnel type glass. Unfortunately, that's when I see them, around the holidays. Here are two spots you can check out.
  • Winnie Columbus, NC
    Deborah, Becky is correct, 1000 Bulbs is a great resource for the satin wrapped bulbs. Sadly, their photo is not the best. You might also look into candle covers. Between the wrapped bulbs and base covers, it can make a huge difference. Here is a blog
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Winnie, I saw that too and searched and found where to buy the covers. Check my first link above.
  • Likes

Carol L Shelli