Hometalk.com

D.I.Y. - Paint Kitchen Cabinets

Like most people, when we moved into our new home we wanted to wash and clean before putting things away. The kitchen cabinets were a very dark brown. We decided that in the future we would replace or reface the cabinets but, for now, we would wash them and put the dishes away.

When we started to wash the cabinet this dark (very dark) brown stuff came off on the rag. We realized that the previous owners used stain to paint the cabinets instead of paint and, they never wiped the stain off.

Read more... http://greathomepainting.com/Home-Improvemen...

5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Love your painted cabinets, but how did the previous owners not constantly get stain all over themselves when using their kitchen!?
  • Great Home Painting Morrisville, PA
    The previous owners never cooked so they never felt the need to clean/wipe down the outside of the cabinets. They were dry to the touch and nothing came off on our hands until we tried to wipe them with a damp cloth and "Mean Green".
  • We recently painted out kitchen cabinets a very similar yellow. I believe it was called butter cup. I love they way they turned out!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    I rarely cook but I sure do clean up my kitchen a lot. I cannot even imagine how they did not know! They look great now!
  • Brenda Kringle New Auburn, WI
    love the color now