Tired of Streaky Windows? Try this Homemade Glass Cleaner Instead!

04.19.15
Learn how to make a natural homemade glass and window cleaner that works better than the traditional store bought products.

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2012/11/the-best-and-easiest-homemade-window-cleaner.html

• Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
    Interesting to hear of the homemade glass cleaning methods others are using. I've tried some other methods too but always come back to the simplicity of club soda.
    • Patty S
      Patty S Sturgeon Bay, WI
      Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone I will definitely try this. I live in Arizona in the Winter and my windows are always streaked because any solution you use here dries too
  • Robyn Farwell
    Robyn Farwell West Lebanon, NH
    I do the same as Linda, but a bit different (It was posted on here in the past). I use vinegar & dish soap. When I am ready to use it, I put 2 cups (my spray bottle is more than 2 cups), in the microwave for 3 minutes. When you use it when it's warm/hot,
  • Dottie Jarrell
    Dottie Jarrell Georgetown, KY
    some very helpful and useful ideas,I love these homemade remedies. Thanks.
  • Judy
    Judy Grants Pass, OR
    Here's the best window cleaner I've ever used: Mix about 1/4 C cornstarch with about a quart of warm water in a big bowl. The cornstarch will settle to the bottom so you have to stir it up every time you dip your cleaning rag or sponge in. Wash windows
    • B. enne
      b. enne Canada
      Judy I use cornstarch as well, but only a couple of tablespoons in a soup bowl of water. I just rub it on with an old towel/ textured cloth, and dry buff in 1 step, and my windows are
  • Elaine Wutke
    Elaine Wutke Bay City, MI
    really neat information
  • Cathy W
    Cathy W Portland, OR
    You know? I was looking for something to do with vinegar and came upon this!!! Amazing! And now I know to put it on glass......... (What does that say about my hair color? LOL! )
  • Debbie
    Debbie Georgetown, DE
    vinegar (apple cider is the best) will take the sting right out of a mosquito bite or itch!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vetsy
    Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Great tips! I think I'll give that club soda a try.... I've always used Vinegar when I wanted an alternative.. But could not stand the smell! So I stopped using it.
  • Cleaning Angels Services
    I didn't tried with club soda.. but any alcohol based cleaner will do good on glass.
  • NoniKaponi
    NoniKaponi East Falmouth, MA
    WHEN I WAS A SHORT ORDERCOOK WE USED CLUB SODA TO CLEAN THE GRILL
  • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
    I knew club soda was great for a lot of things but didn't know it could clean a restaurant grill!
  • Cindy
    Cindy Springfield, OH
    I will have to try the club soda. After I clean my mirrors with glass cleaner for some reason they would still have streaks on the mirror. So I have been using used fabric softner sheets works perfectly removes all the smudges,
  • Alma Brown
    Alma Brown Ottumwa, IA
    I use vinegar. I have a spray bottle I fill half way then I put the rest water to clean windows. I spray the window and I use newspaper to wipe it. It never streaks.
  • Ellen
    ellen Canada
    If you're living in a hot dry climate, you could try a micro-fibre cloth and VERY hot water. Simply wring out the cloth and wipe your glass. Gets the glass clean and never leaves streaks. I've used this method for quite awhile now and am very satisfied.
  • Cynthia Meetze
    Cynthia Meetze Columbia, SC
    I use clear alcohol on my windows and mirrors. White paper towels or white cloth.
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone