Tired of Streaky Windows? Try this Homemade Glass Cleaner Instead!

07.03.15
Learn how to make a natural homemade glass and window cleaner that works better than the traditional store bought products.

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2012/11/the-best-and-easiest-homemade-window-cleaner.html

• Jhenni Morrow
    Jhenni Morrow Gilbert, AZ
    Living in the desert southwest, a microfiber cloth, hot water, and a small amount of elbow grease has proven very successful in obtaining non-streaky window. This is all I use on mirrors and windows!
  • Cynthia Meetze
    Cynthia Meetze Columbia, SC
    I use clear alcohol on my windows and mirrors. White paper towels or white cloth.
  • Ellen
    ellen Canada
    If you're living in a hot dry climate, you could try a micro-fibre cloth and VERY hot water. Simply wring out the cloth and wipe your glass. Gets the glass clean and never leaves streaks. I've used this method for quite awhile now and am very satisfied.
  • Alma Brown
    Alma Brown Ottumwa, IA
    I use vinegar. I have a spray bottle I fill half way then I put the rest water to clean windows. I spray the window and I use newspaper to wipe it. It never streaks.
  • Cindy
    Cindy Springfield, OH
    I will have to try the club soda. After I clean my mirrors with glass cleaner for some reason they would still have streaks on the mirror. So I have been using used fabric softner sheets works perfectly removes all the smudges,
  • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
    I knew club soda was great for a lot of things but didn't know it could clean a restaurant grill!
  • NoniKaponi
    NoniKaponi East Falmouth, MA
    WHEN I WAS A SHORT ORDERCOOK WE USED CLUB SODA TO CLEAN THE GRILL
  • Cleaning Angels Services
    I didn't tried with club soda.. but any alcohol based cleaner will do good on glass.
  • Vetsy
    Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Great tips! I think I'll give that club soda a try.... I've always used Vinegar when I wanted an alternative.. But could not stand the smell! So I stopped using it.
  • Debbie
    Debbie Georgetown, DE
    vinegar (apple cider is the best) will take the sting right out of a mosquito bite or itch!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cathy W
    Cathy W Portland, OR
    You know? I was looking for something to do with vinegar and came upon this!!! Amazing! And now I know to put it on glass......... (What does that say about my hair color? LOL! )
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone