Hometalk.com

Sewing 03.31.14

Using Old Sweaters To Make Super Cute Pillow Covers.

I have an old sweater that I want to use to make a cozy pillow cover. I found lots of examples in blogland of cute pillow covers made out of old sweaters. Check out my blog to see my favorites, and links back to the sources. This is going to be a huge challenge for me, I do not sew!
Cost: $5 Difficulty: Challenging

To see more: http://sweetparrishplace.blogspot.com/2013/01/trashtastic-tuesday-winter-pillow.html

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Love those pillow! Great job rounding up some neat projects, just the inspiration I need to get myself in gear.
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    I love old sweater projects. Looks great!
  • They are pretty and cozy! Love that!
  • Terri J York, PA
    So creative, and pretty! If only I had known about this for the past several years, I wouldn't be kicking myself right now for all the old sweaters that I have given away.
  • I'm sewing pillow covers, but I love this! I have a slew of sweaters I never wear so I will be trying this. Thanks! :)
  • Your pillows are so pretty! Totally loving the warm cozy feel they allude!
  • They look so warm and cuddly. I want to try this. Clipping for later...and so I'll remember!
  • Connie E Westerville, OH
    The Brassy apple sample pic is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
  • Veronica C Bartonsville, PA
    I don't sew either but will be trying this project on some old pillows I have. Thanks. Very interesting.
  • Suz Oklahoma City, OK
    ...great read, will be following you, thanks for sharing = ) ...
  • Thanks for following!
  • MiaFleur United Kingdom
    These are the perfect project for me to try now winters coming :)
  • Good! I am glad, they are a fun project!
  • Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    The perfect coziness to snuggle up next to on a chilly night... Comfy and cute! got to try this sometime in the future... Thanks for sharing.
  • Thanks for posting this.