Hometalk.com

07.19.13

Amazing Bathtub

So what do you think about this one? I'm not a fan of dark bathrooms and much less wooden-looking bathtubs but there is something attractive about this one that makes me go back to the picture over and over again & ask myself: What is it??? I think is something behind the walls...This picture makes me think about a secluded cabin in the woods. After a nice bubble bath sit on my porch and admire all nature has to offer. Even if this bathroom were in a 100-storey skyscraper it'll still fool you into thinking that way right? Different looks evoke different feelings. Choose the right veneer color to feel the way you always wanted to feel. You want to live close to the beach but can't afford it. Decorate your house like a boat using whites and blues throughout the house. Buy with ocean waves instrumentals and prepare to sail...You like sunflowers? Decorate your house like a garden. Using yellow, brown and green throughout the house to remind you of all that sunshine. It's all about you, what you like, your taste, color preference and style. Be you. Choose who you are...There is freedom in aligning your home with your taste.
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    This would make me feel like I'm taking a bath in the woods :) I guess it could be relaxing, but I don't know if I'd like it on a permanent basis. Cool looking, though.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I've died and gone to heaven. I could so have a bathroom like this. The grain is absolutely amazing! This is definitely ME. If only..... My guess is that tub is priced a bit more than I'd be comfortable paying when I
  • The Robin's Nest Warner Robins, GA
    If I had to name ONE person who I knew without a shadow of a doubt, would LOVE this bathroom/tub, it would be Becky!! hands down..I think it's very unique and rich looking. I wonder what the upkeep would be like for it.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Ha ha ha. When I saw you'd commented on this thread I KNEW what you were going to say Rhonda.

I was really surprised that when I sent the photo to hubby he replied ICKY. He's at scuba re-certification class tonight so

• The Robin's Nest Warner Robins, GA
    when I look at that tub, I think of monkeywood, that it must have to be some kind of smooth surface like that? If it's really wood or just something made to look like wood? but ya, I get his hesitation, hard to imagine sliding down into the water without
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Darn, I forgot to ask him about it. I wasn't thinking splinters though that's not something one would want in their bottom now is it?
  • not my style, but a well put together bathroom! have you ever seen the round marble tubs? yet another awesome extreme...
  • Dayoris Custom Hialeah, FL
    I have seen pictures of the round ones. They look like teacups. Not that bad but definetly not my style either...
  • OMG, I love all wood. I could live in a log cabin house with all wood furnishings.
  • Likes

Terri J Roxie Sue A Zografia A Mak Meyers Sandra T Debbie N Kitty Clinton Alice Harley-Wosnig Melody Drinkwater Wagner