Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.15.14

Rustic valentines you won't want to take down... or give away. Oops...

Being a junker type, rustic textures work best in my home. So rather than put up something for Valentine's Day that would be non suitable and temporary, I decided to create my own take on the kind of valentines that would suit my year around decor.

So, will I take them down Feb 14th? No way! And I don't believe I'll be giving any away either. Oops. :) Happy Valentine's Day to me...

#ValentinesDay

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2014/02/rustic-hearts-from-salvaged-junk-for-valentines-day.html

13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    I. Love. This. Idea. Donna. Definitely want to try this, as I love the idea of non-traditional hearts as decorations!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Gee! What a great idea! Limited in size and decoration only by ones imagination! Even painted or covered and photos attached! Wow! My mind is racing!
  • Perfectly you. Love it!
  • Deborah S Ossineke, MI
    This. Is. So. Cool. I'm not into traditional valentine decor either, but this...oh my yes! I'm off to check it out further.
  • This is definitely my type of Valentine - I love it!
  • Thanks guys! The price certainly is right too! And a fab craft to do with kids. :)
  • Linda@With A Blast South Africa
    I love it! Might try it this weekend...
  • Simple and oh so charming, Donna!
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    This is such a great project Donna! Love it!!
  • Emilou Maupin, OR
    Great, great, great idea Donna. Thanks for sharing.
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Donna these look so cool. I love them and how they don't scream "VALENTINES!!!"
  • Pieced Pastimes Kingston, NH
    Donna, These are so pretty and rustic. My favorite one is the burlap with the buttons tucked in with the hydrangeas. I can see why you would have a hard time giving them away! I may have to make a few of these...
  • Lisa Flowers Wilson Fort Stockton, TX
    Excited to come across your blog (via Pinterest) and find this project. Our 5 yr old grand-daughter will be with us Thanksgiving and I was wanting to create some button ornaments with her ..this another easy (for her) to create!! Love your style! We