Rustic valentines you won't want to take down... or give away. Oops...

fae minis 05.24.15
Being a junker type, rustic textures work best in my home. So rather than put up something for Valentine's Day that would be non suitable and temporary, I decided to create my own take on the kind of valentines that would suit my year around decor.

So, will I take them down Feb 14th? No way! And I don't believe I'll be giving any away either. Oops. :) Happy Valentine's Day to me...

#ValentinesDay

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • Glue the materials onto cardboard hearts and watch them come to life! See where they all were placed at the blog link.
  • Hearts were cut free hand out of corrugated cardboard. I was after every one being different. That worked...
  • Collect things that chime in with your year around decor. Anything goes.
  • How sweet is this little sign of love?

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2014/02/rustic-hearts-from-salvaged-junk-for-valentines-day.html

• Emilou
    Emilou Maupin, OR
    Great, great, great idea Donna. Thanks for sharing.
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Montgomery, TX
    Donna these look so cool. I love them and how they don't scream "VALENTINES!!!"
  • Pieced Pastimes
    Pieced Pastimes Kingston, NH
    Donna, These are so pretty and rustic. My favorite one is the burlap with the buttons tucked in with the hydrangeas. I can see why you would have a hard time giving them away! I may have to make a few of these...
  • Lisa Flowers Wilson
    Lisa Flowers Wilson Fort Stockton, TX
    Excited to come across your blog (via Pinterest) and find this project. Our 5 yr old grand-daughter will be with us Thanksgiving and I was wanting to create some button ornaments with her ..this another easy (for her) to create!! Love your style! We
  • Maggie May's Gifts
    Maggie May's Gifts Hilliard, OH
    Love these!! It's easy to get sick of red and pink. These are beautiful!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna