Hometalk.com

pallets 7 days ago

D.I.Y. pallet wall

Figure out how many pallets needed for the size of the project and salvage them if you can. Clean and sand them slightly, then cut off the nails keeping the nail heads showing, which looked great! The wall this pallet were adhering to was a concrete wall, so first plywood wood was glued on and anchored to the wall.

Then stagger the planks on the floor to get an idea of how it was going to look once it was up on the wall. Then cut the end pieces with a chop saw, which is the best tool for this job. it will give nice straight cuts.

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    This is GORGEOUS!!! It's before/afters like these that make me wish we weren't renting!!!!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    I like the couch and wall combo. Beautiful!
  • I did something similar in my son's room.
  • Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    I love this and have been wanting to do this in a small bathroom, only the toilet area, it's separate from the shower. I wonder if it will work? Also do you need to put up the plywood first before adding the pallet wood?
  • Anna Ibarra I would first paint the drywall black first so as to create shadows if there is any shrinkage of the wood after its inside the house. In terms of attaching it to the wall I don't think its necessary to add plywood. I would use a nail gun.
  • Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    Thank you vintage headboard. I didn't think of shr
  • Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    ooooos hit done by accident. was trying to finish and saying that U never thought about shrinking of the boards and separations. good tip.