D.I.Y. pallet wall

pallets! 07.14.15
Figure out how many pallets needed for the size of the project and salvage them if you can. Clean and sand them slightly, then cut off the nails keeping the nail heads showing, which looked great! The wall this pallet were adhering to was a concrete wall, so first plywood wood was glued on and anchored to the wall.

Then stagger the planks on the floor to get an idea of how it was going to look once it was up on the wall. Then cut the end pieces with a chop saw, which is the best tool for this job. it will give nice straight cuts.

• Vintage Headboards
    Anna Ibarra I would first paint the drywall black first so as to create shadows if there is any shrinkage of the wood after its inside the house. In terms of attaching it to the wall I don't think its necessary to add plywood. I would use a nail gun.
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    Thank you vintage headboard. I didn't think of shr
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    ooooos hit done by accident. was trying to finish and saying that U never thought about shrinking of the boards and separations. good tip.
  • Karen Walden
    Karen Walden Charlotte, NC
    Boards can be "whitewashed" for a shabby chic effect!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Austin, TX
    You did such an amazing job! What a wonderful idea! And, the shabby pillows definitely bring out the colors in the wood. I'm a huge supporter of accenting colors like you did. Very nice!
Sheer Serendipity