Anyone out there think that a redbud tree is a good tree for in front of a townhouse that has approximately 8' x 8'

11.02.11
yard? This spot is irrigated and is in full sun for most of the day. When to plant? Care? Pros/cons? I think they are pretty! Thank so much!
  • Dana K
    Dana K Atlanta, GA
    Thank you all for the suggestions but this doesn't answer my question because I am limited to a redbud tree. This is what our HOA has decided to allow. So with that in mind, now I'm wondering what size and what specimen of the redbud would be best. (the
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Dana, I think you need to have a talk with your HOA because while a redbud may be considered a small tree, its mature size is routinely given as 20-25 feet tall AND wide. There is no truly upright cultivar that I know of. There is nothing worse than
  • Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    Douglas, an excellent suggestion. I have admired the redbud 'Don Egolf' at the Atlanta Botanical Garden for years and the blooms are great.
  • Dana K
    Dana K Atlanta, GA
    thank you, everyone.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    You're welcome, Dana. Good luck. Post a photo of the new tree when it goes in.
Dana K