These are before and after pictures of my house.

It was all gray. We painted the trim Navajo White. It made some difference, maybe next year we can afford to lighten the shakes up a bit. My question is now about landscaping. We have lots of deer. What would you do between the two windows on the right to add height and interest?
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    @Donna: I lay out the borders of beds using a garden hose warmed in the sun and draw my plans on graph paper. So I'm a luddite when it comes to these things, but "Garden Planner" gets a good review from CNET, and you can try it out for free for 15 days.
  • Donna Gill Crowley
    Donna Gill Crowley Charleston, SC
    Why are you taking out the stones? You could make a lovely garden around them! Where is the plastic. I must be missing it.
  • Irie Dremz
    Irie Dremz Madison, TN
    donna i love these colors together. it's just what i've been wanting for our cottage style house. can you give me the name/mfg. of the gray? it's perfect.
  • Libby Yuewhoo
    Here’s a great website that you mightlike to look into. It has plenty moreplants that are Deer Resistant.

• ELizabeth Boyens
    ELizabeth Boyens Sebastopol, CA
    How about Hydrangeas? they get quite large, bloom profusly and make great cut flowers too..they come in all sorts of great colors and varieties.
Donna McCrummen

Search Feedback