Is it true that rabbits won't eat violas?

I'm about to lose a whole pansy bed due to hungry rabbits, and someone told us that we could try violas instead. Can't afford it this year, but maybe next fall.
  • Cheryl A
    Cheryl A Dacula, GA
    try sprinking red pepper flakes on the pansies, it won't hurt the plant and I know it works with raccoons, rats, chipmunks and squirrels. I go to the dollar store and buy the red pepper flakes and use them year round on my plants
  • Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    Cheryl, I agree, I get the red pepper flakes at Trader Joe's!
  • Becky G
    Becky G Roswell, GA
    Ok - I went ahead and bought a ready to spray - Repels-All animal repellant at our local nursery. It has dried blood (yuk) and garlic. It smells strongly of garlic/onion. It is supposed to last 2 months and won't wash off in the rain. I sprayed the
  • Flowerscapes Garden Design & Landscaping
    I am going to get some. Thanks! usually my kitties keep the rabbits at bay However, I have not been letting them out much since there were two coyote sitings and one bear around my neighborhood. We usually don't hear of any coyotes past September.
  • Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    Good tip on the Repels All Animal repellent. Now if I can just keep the dog away from it, he seems drawn to all and anything he can eat.
Becky G
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post