Is it true that rabbits won't eat violas? | Hometalk
1.6K Views
0

Is it true that rabbits won't eat violas?

1.6K Views
0
I'm about to lose a whole pansy bed due to hungry rabbits, and someone told us that we could try violas instead. Can't afford it this year, but maybe next fall.
  • Cheryl A
    Cheryl A Dacula, GA

try sprinking red pepper flakes on the pansies, it won't hurt the plant and I know it works with raccoons, rats, chipmunks and squirrels. I go to the dollar store and buy the red pepper flakes and use them year round on my plants

• Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA

Cheryl, I agree, I get the red pepper flakes at Trader Joe's!

• Becky G
    Becky G Roswell, GA

Ok - I went ahead and bought a ready to spray - Repels-All animal repellant at our local nursery. It has dried blood (yuk) and garlic. It smells strongly of garlic/onion. It is supposed to last 2 months and won't wash off in the rain. I sprayed

• Flowerscapes Garden Design & Landscaping

I am going to get some. Thanks! usually my kitties keep the rabbits at bay However, I have not been letting them out much since there were two coyote sitings and one bear around my neighborhood. We usually don't hear of any coyotes past

• Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA

Good tip on the Repels All Animal repellent. Now if I can just keep the dog away from it, he seems drawn to all and anything he can eat.

­