Hometalk.com

02.06.13

This is a Trout & It Lives in a ... Man Cave

Some of the most engaging (and humorous) home improvement content I've read in recent years has been on the topic, the phrase, and the shear primal ... phenomenon of the Man Cave.

As a builder, I have been involved in a few (Well truth - at least a few ... man cave-like finished basements.) As a homeowner, and a dude, I have been left only dream.

In old houses, especially, the basements themselves sometimes are more cave than anything that could be, well, converted into (*monster truck voice*) ... "The Ultimate Dude HangOut...out...out..."

But a #mancave, I guess, can really go anywhere. Right? An attic in some cases. In other cases, maybe the man cave is just a room. A Man Room.

Interior Designer (and friend) Tammy J. Dalton (http://www.tamaradalton.net) states, "This is a Trout." And in decorating, there is really only one way to deal something like it. ... That's right – "Stick it in the Man Room."

To see more: http://www.buildingmoxie.com/2010/07/tammy-j-dalton-the-man-room/

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    I agree, this belongs in the "man room" although some may find it attractive in the kitchen. :)
  • Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    perhaps. thanks Miriam this post was getting lonely. ha!
  • Becky J Troy, IL
    reminds me of the singing fish plaque from a few years ago lol
  • Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    Ha! Billy the Bass... I think I got one as a gift. for the life of me, I can't remember what he sang.
  • Becky J Troy, IL
    that's probably a good thing. I could go next door when I go to work tomorrow and visit the barber. He has one hanging in his shop. Not sure I want to hear that song again! lol
  • Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    ha!
  • Chaya K New York, NY
    This might just be the best Hometalk post ever.
  • Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    "best"? idk Chaya K top 10 ... ok (kidding) thanks.
  • Like

Aquascape Inc.