Hometalk.com

good ideas 03.19.14

How to spruce up mis-matched utensils and create a lovely place setting!

It's time to dust off that ratty collection of mis-matched flatware you've got tucked away in the storage room! This SUPER easy project will repurpose your old utensils and turn them into your new favorites! Check out my blog post for the full gallery and details!

To see more: http://offbeatandinspired.com/2013/02/08/upcycling-utensils-for-a-pretty-place-setting-and-a-decoart-giveaway/

30 Comments Displaying 15 of 30 comments | See Previous
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    Thanks Jeanette!! :D
  • Susan Knoxville, TN
    I have tons of mis matched silverware.it was my Mother-In-Laws and over the years she had accumulated many,many sets. Now though they are partials. I have a lot of silver plated to that nothing matches. I'm going to try this. Thank you so much for the
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    You're welcome! I'm so glad you found it helpful!! I'm so relieved that we don't have to trash all this excess silverware now. The joys of a good upcycle! :D
  • Mary Ruth Palm Bay, FL
    This is so COOL! You did a great job with the silverware, got me thinking... brass candlesticks (part of or stripe, or all of it), kitchen hardware new color, tops of keys to identify, Lamp bases, metal bookends, hooks on the wall to hang clothes on,
  • Erika W Richmond, VA
    Fun idea!
  • Dana M Austin, TX
    What kind of paint did you use and do you put them in the dishwasher? I wondered how durable the paint is. I like the look!
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    For a casual look, you could use tool dip, which comes is several colors now.
  • Doreen S White Plains, NY
    Love the look! Great job :)
  • What Meegan Makes Las Vegas, NV
    This is amazing!! LOVE it!!
  • very cute
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    Thank you Mary Ruth!! YES you can do so many things with this! LOVE your keys idea!! :)
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    Dana M I used the Gloss Enamels from DecoArt! The paint just needs to cure for 48 hours and then you bake all the utensils in your regular oven at 350 degrees for half an hour to make them
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    Marilee H love that idea!! :) - Doreen S Thank you! :) - What Meegan Makes Thank you!! :D So glad you like it!! - Deborah Jean Goode Mrs. thank you!! :D
  • Tiffany Mitchell Lexington, KY
    Erika W Thank you! :)
  • Linda Cascade, MD
    If you want to do this, use tool dip. it's a sort of rubbery concoction that holds up really well.