How To Make a Dirty Showerhead Look Like New Again

05.10.15
Showerheads can get dirty with mineral deposits over time, but you can get them clean and fresh again with a simple homemade remedy. By putting some vinegar in a baggie and fastening it over your showerhead (and then being patient for an hour or two!) you can get those crusty showerheads looking like new again. I used this method and was really happy with the results.
Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2011/02/how-to-clean-a-showerhead-with-vinegar-and-glass-block-windows-too.html

• Shirley Williams
    Shirley Williams Catheys Valley, CA
    2-3 tbs of APPLE CIDER vinegar in 4 to 8 oz. of water before meals will keep heartburn away. Don't need Tums or the other bad stuff and is good for your PH in stomach. Check it out online.
    • Shirley Williams
      Shirley Williams Catheys Valley, CA
      Laurie K Yes I am sure, have had acid reflux for a long time and all the stuff I have been taking are not good for long term. Just make sure its the apple cider vinegar not just
  • Sandy
    Sandy Edwardsville, IL
    Lemon juice will clean away hard water deposits too, and make your stainless steel anything shine like new, just use it the same way you would vinegar.
  • Mary Embrey
    Mary Embrey Malvern, OH
    add

a little Dawn dish soap to the vinegar and it cleans right up

• Bonnie Williams
    Bonnie Williams Redmond, OR
    I don't understand why you just don't unscrew the showerhead and put it in a bowl of vinegar, much easier than trying to secure a baggie over it!
  • Dawn Thompson
    Dawn Thompson Tampa, FL
    Thank you for posting- I used this today & it worked like a charm!
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone