Coat Rack from an Old Door and Yard Sale Shelves

Crafts 12 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I bought this antique door at a salvage yard. Turned it on its side, routed out the panels, added mirrors, then hung it over two yard sale shelves and added some decorative molding and hooks. I love this coat rack! It has enough hooks for each of us to have two! #ProudestDIY
  • Coat rack from an old door and shelves
  • Decorative moulding and hooks mounted onto old shelves.
  • Antique hooks from ebay.
  • Showing how I stacked the molding.

To see more:

• Jimmye Lynn Dye-Porter
    Jimmye Lynn Dye-Porter Greenbrier, AR
    Love the look, terrific job
  • Julie
    Julie Hopkins, MN
    More amazing than I expected!! Love it!! Where did you get the hooks?
  • Loribeth
    Loribeth Muskegon, MI
    Very nice! I love how you showed how you did the molding. It looks beautiful and very professional!
  • Lisa
    Lisa New Hartford, CT
    Totally loving this! Thanks for sharing!
  • Heidi
    Heidi Vernon Rockville, CT
    Beautiful. Great idea, awesome way to upcycle and make something useful and attractive!
  • Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl
    Penny S I bet your new home is going to be gorgeous with your personal touches.
  • Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl
    Awww, Pete Z Thanks for the compliment. Glad I made your cut above okay. Good luck to you and hope you find a door!
  • Pete Z
    Pete Z Pleasanton, CA
    LOL... This is GENIUS ! Some things are just ok on this site and others really look great ( just my taste ) because my home is all antiques.. This is one of the projects that really looks classy.. I'm now looking for an old 4 panel oak door.. just
  • Penny S
    Penny S Littleton, CO
    Love this! Heading to a new home in SC for retirement in a couple of years and am always on the lookout for ideas to make it stand out! Thanks for the great idea!
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Very nice. I love wood. In the old farmhouse we lived in I found some old doors that I wanted to utilize, but couldnt think of anything useful other then hinging them together to make a room divider. They were not as nice as yours but still interesting.
  • Connie E
    Connie E Westerville, OH
    love this...artful, practical, useful!
  • Cynthia J
    Cynthia J Lima, NY
    Very innovative! Love it!
  • Bobbie M
    Bobbie M Des Moines, IA
    I really like this. Have just the door to make it. Good thinking!
  • .
    . Schenectady, NY
    Great job Brittany. Between your handy work and the score on ebay you have great mudroom set up.
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Montgomery, TX
    very pretty!
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post