My Proudest DIY?

Gardening 08.11.15
I've done a lot of projects I loved but I chose my DIY Greenhouse for this weeks #ProudestDIY topic because this is the one that brought me to the Hometalk community, something I am very happy to be a part of! And since it's time to start those cold weather crops, it's seems a fitting project to re-share :) Full tutorial in the link. #gardening
Time: 2 Hours Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy
  • Make a frame out of 2x4's and gently bend the PVC hoops
  • Cover with a heavy duty plastic.
  • Roll down at night

To see more: http://www.sowanddipity.com/polytunnel-tutorial/

• Maryjane Price
    Maryjane Price Scio, OH
    If you know a truck driver ask if he hauls rolls steel. The "chocks" they use to keep the rolls from moving work great for the frame. they are very sturdy but have to be replaced after about three uses, just for safety
  • Judy B
    Judy B Woodward, OK
    such a great idea. Is this the first year to use it? I was wondering how it holds up to snow & wind. l live in zone 6 so thinking I will look into heaters.
  • Carlyn Campbell
    Carlyn Campbell Summersville, MO
    Going to put vinyl on frame from old greenhouse, might as well repurpose. We have an acre and are putting compost bins in the side yards as well as the back for easier access and quicker turn over time
  • Libby Yuewhoo
    Friends in a local community garden are using this type of cold frame, with a slight variation. A slightly larger pipe, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 foot long in hammered into the ground and the ends of smaller pipe that curves over the vegetables is
  • Monique Lussier
    Smart ! - I'm doing one. Thanks for the post.
Sow and Dipity