My Proudest DIY?

Awesome Remodels 7 days ago
I've done a lot of projects I loved but I chose my DIY Greenhouse for this weeks #ProudestDIY topic because this is the one that brought me to the Hometalk community, something I am very happy to be a part of! And since it's time to start those cold weather crops, it's seems a fitting project to re-share :) Full tutorial in the link. #gardening
Time: 2 Hours Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.sowanddipity.com/polytunnel-tutorial/

• Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    That is so useful & creative and inexpensive, too.
  • Doreen S
    Doreen S Granville, MA
    I will echo what everyone else has said! Useful, create and cheap! What more could you want??! Well done!
  • Sow and Dipity
    Thanks everyone! It's meant to be quick, easy and cheap :) Perfect for a little protection and not a big commitment.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    You should be proud - the plants thank you!!
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Oh Shelley, I so agree! It is the best one I have seen. I just don't have any money to do the simplest thing still. It is on my wish list though.
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    What a clever idea and love the fact it's on the cheap. I think something like this would be perfect for a few of the tropicals I've collected. I'm in zone 7 and these guys really belong in FL. However, as fellow gardeners, ya know how it is, the grass,
  • Mo
    Mo Temple, TX
    Yippee Shelly! You soooo nailed this one! I was even at Harbor Freight and Tool today looking at their portable green houses because I am planning ahead for wintertime. I have container grown fig, Meyer lemon, lime, mandarin orange, allspice, bay and
  • Sow and Dipity
    I WISH I could grow those goodies Mo ! I'd look into a few heating sources, but it depends on how cold your night temps get, good luck :)
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Mo, please let us all know what you do/use and take pictures for us all to see. I had a Meyer's Lemon/Key Lime Cocktail tree and it died the first winter I planted it... I only had a trash can over it...... big mistake. We did not have much of a cold
  • Lauren
    Lauren Hightstown, NJ
    This is awesome! I would love to try this DIY project!
  • Connie
    Connie East Aurora, NY
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL

Oh Shelley, I so agree! It is the best one I have seen. I just don't have any money to do the simplest thing still. It is

• Maryjane Price
    Maryjane Price Scio, OH
    If you know a truck driver ask if he hauls rolls steel. The "chocks" they use to keep the rolls from moving work great for the frame. they are very sturdy but have to be replaced after about three uses, just for safety
  • Judy B
    Judy B Woodward, OK
    such a great idea. Is this the first year to use it? I was wondering how it holds up to snow & wind. l live in zone 6 so thinking I will look into heaters.
  • Carlyn Campbell
    Carlyn Campbell Summersville, MO
    Going to put vinyl on frame from old greenhouse, might as well repurpose. We have an acre and are putting compost bins in the side yards as well as the back for easier access and quicker turn over time
  • Libby Yuewhoo
    Friends in a local community garden are using this type of cold frame, with a slight variation. A slightly larger pipe, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 foot long in hammered into the ground and the ends of smaller pipe that curves over the vegetables is
Sow and Dipity