How to grow JUNK in your garden

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I have a litte garden trick I play. When the plants are still fairly young, I'll place selected junk pieces among the young blooms to fill up the garden beds. Not only will your garden look more lush, you'll have some cool stuff to look at too!

Here's my own collection of garden junk, including a HomeTalk clipboard!
Difficulty: Easy
  • A HomeTalk clipboard of YOUR cool garden junk!
  • My little pallet walkway was quick, easy and free!
  • This drill handled toolbox is perfect for fresh cut flowers from the garden.
  • Plant your own herb garden in old kettles! I did. :)
  • My junky shed out back makes for one pretty cute focal point.
  • These rusty old headboards were perfect to hold up my sweetpeas!
  • I call the ladder filled birdhouses the Birdie Hotel. Sadly, the bees generally book the pent house..
  • You'd never know there was a crusty old wheelbarrow underneath these blooms gone wild.
  • My own entire collection of gardening tips are at:

To see more:

• Helen M
    Helen M Indianapolis, IN
    Very creative. Love it!
  • Velina
    velina Kansas City, MO
    That is totally AWSOME!!!!!
  • Kelley
    Kelley Ardmore, OK
    I adore all garden and yard art!
  • Jean Adams
    Jean Adams Arlington, TX
    Your porch facade reminds me of one I had featured on the Lynette Jennings show. Still have it but the floor has had to be replaced. I LUV JUNK!
  • JoAnn Preen
    JoAnn Preen Dalton, MA
    Oh I so love it, I feel tag sale specials coming on for in the yard. Can't wait
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post