- First up, I bought 1/4 inch painters tape on Amazon.com because it is not sold in stores ($10)
- Second, I picked my colors. I used 4 colors from around my house that I already had leftover paint for and then picked up2 test pots of paint (both Martha Stewart textured metallic to add some depth, $7 each).
- I taped off and primed the area for my backsplash, then painted the whole area a pure white (which acts as the "grout")
- Next, once the paint was dry and set, I used a laser level to tape off horizontal stripes two inches apart. Then I randomly placed my vertical tape lines, making sure none of them lined up or looked too planned out. The more random the better.
- Finally, I filled in all my squares with paint. I painted all of the colors all at once so I could fill in spots as needed- this was random as well, I just took care to try and avoid having the same color next to itself.
This is a quick and easy way to keep your shower clean in just two minutes a day.Just get a dish washing wand and fill the dispenser half with vinegar and half with liquid dish soap. Keep
it in the shower. That way everything is ready to go. When you get in, wet the sponge, and scrub away. Next, well, take a shower. That's it. I do a little section of the shower each day and work my way around the whole area about twice a week.
If the mixture gets thick, just add a little water. Also, I would caution that it is important to rinse well, and keep out of eyes as you would any cleanser.