Hometalk.com

Spring Is Just Around the Corner ~ Start Planning!

Spring is still a little over a month away but it is not too soon to start planning this year's garden. If you are like me, you head off to a nursery, fall in love with some wonderful plants, bring them home and then have to figure out where they should go in the garden. While being spontaneous is lots of fun, this year I am going to the nursery with some plant combinations already in mind, even though I know I will still be waylaid by an amazing plant or two not on my list!

Here are some combinations that I thought worked really well in our garden last year for you to consider. And while we are all still waiting to get back out into the garden, making some planting plans is a great way to occupy ourselves. Think of it as gardening in your mind : )

#itching4spring #ThinkSpring

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/spring-is-just-around-the-corner-start-planning/

38 Comments Displaying 15 of 38 comments | See Previous
  • Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    Barb, this sure looks like the pods! I looked this up and the responses are don't plant it...it aggresivley takes over everywhere! Danni, our host, had flowers, all over her yard. She used this as a privacy type vine. I really liked the look of it and
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Most all plants flower and then set seed, Debbie Machmer , but you may have missed the blooming period. Trumpet vine is a vigorous grower like wisteria. Blooms are orange/red with some
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    My pleasure, Debbie Machmer ! Happy Gardening!
  • Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    :) I have 2 nephews that live in and around Wilmington. Always like visiting there although I haven't been down in ages.
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Give me a whistle when you are planning a visit! If you are up this way you will be close to some wonderful gardens too, like Longwood, Chanticleer, Goodstay, etc.
  • Diana Dray Harrod, OH
    Debbi maybe it is a sweet pea
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    Yes its going so fast Barb Rosen ! I need to get some of these bulbs in the ground NOW!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Once we're in March, Tanya Peterson Felsheim , it seems to stop dragging until spring!
    Yes Barb Rosen it goes fast especially as wed is my 20th wedding anniversary and we are going to be doing some staycationing and maybe stay overnight a place or two..I love going to small towns
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Well, I wish you a very happy anniversary, Tanya Peterson Felsheim ! Twenty years is quite something! Mazeltov!!
  • Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    Diana, I have sweet pea, not what I'm looking for, tx
    Thank you so much! Our time off begins today and I have nothing I HAVE to do except help my mom pack up for a week long trip to watch her grandson go through his Honor Ceremony as he achieved the long difficult process of becoming an Eagle Scout. But it
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim , you are polishing your crown in heaven taking care of your mom. I have taken care of my husband's elderly parents and then my dad, as much as you love doing it, it is hard on you. Enjoy your time alone!
    Well alone with my husband! Actually I overstated how much i take care of my mom she is still ambulatory and her mind is good...she lives with my father and my brother but there are many things she only trusts me to do...and I go out and clean their
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim , my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family. Having taken care of our loved ones, I know how exhausting it can be. When you are with them it is hard