Hometalk.com

Inexpensive Option for a Stair Runner

Looking to replace or add a stair runner?

Here's an easy, inexpensive option for a stair runner that looks high-end. I purchased two indoor/outdoor stair runners and stapled them to the stairs. When one stair runner ended....we wrapped it around the stair tread and continued with the next runner and finished off the project with brushed nickel stair rods.

Time: 4 Hours Cost: $150 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/indoor-outdoor-stair-runner

10750 on Feb 20, 2013
16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Chaya K New York, NY
    That's beautiful, and very Martha!
  • Beckie Taylor Hampstead, MD
    Outstanding!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Love these! Love the color! Actually, when I could not find a pattern in stair runners that I liked, I found a small runner I liked at Kohl's and bought 2. Brought them home and told hubby what I wanted. With a staple gun and ending the first one beneath
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    What a great idea! I love how this looks!
  • Fabulous!! What a great look!
  • Rachel Medina Ogallala, NE
    Great job:)
  • Love the color and that it's a little bit rustic, too!
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    I like this very much. Thanks!
  • Jenni Cefalu Milwaukee, WI
    Beautiful work, but alas.....my cats would have a field day on that.
  • Delores Arabian San Mateo, CA
    Love this idea!
  • Denise In Bloom Poulsbo, WA
    Perfect timing! I am getting ready to add a runner to my stairs. Thanks for the tip
  • Sherri B Fayetteville, GA
    Cool idea! I have a totally unrelated question -- is that a door to close off the stairs going up a few steps? If so, genius! I have wanted to have a 2 story house, with 2 masters on the main level (one for us, one for my Dad), with 2 bedrooms upstairs
  • Terri J York, PA
    Love this look and I have a set of stairs in desperate need of something - this is pefect for them!
  • Joyce Weller Clementon, NJ
    Where did you find the runner? I am in desperate need of something. Painting them made it worse then they already were!
  • Soooo wanna do this to our stairs. Just trying to figure out how it's going to work since the stairs are plywood underneath the ugly carpet that is currently on them.