My Current Project - Inspired By The Hometalk Meetup At Cutting Edge Stencils

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This week's hashtag is #MyCurrentProject - anything you're currently working on, be it in your home, garden, or anywhere else. I'm a bit behind on my new year's resolution to update my living/dining area, so this outing to Cutting Edge Stencils was exactly what I needed! Janna and Greg, the owners of CES, are so talented and passionate about what they do. It was a wonderful experience. Now I'm all ready to get started. Wish me luck, and give me a few weeks, ok? :-)

Names from left to right: Laura, The Shed blog by Pet Scribbles, Evey's Creations Eclectically Vintage - Kelly, me, Days of Chalk and Chocolate, City Farmhouse, Finding Home, and Janna from CES.

• This is us at CES! The blank wall behind us is about to undergo some stencil magic! From left to right:
  • Here's the after. Doesn't it look amazing?
  • This is the stenciling process: It's so easy and looks amazing! Simply choose your pattern, paint and wall. Roll on the paint and voila!
  • This is us choosing our stencils. Don't you love the Hometalk hats? :-)
  • This was our work station. We got to stencil totes as well- it was great practice!
  • The proper tools to get started! (Thanks CES!) We learned about the importance of a proper roller brush - you don't want to make that mistake!
  • Building Moxie
    Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    Really cool product/technique. and looked like a super turn out. what fun.
  • Debbie Borthwick
    I did see her post on the stencils, it is well done! I suppose I could start with a very small wall and see how it goes. One day...
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    When exactly (to the hour please) can I expect your reveal post? I'm booking off work to witness this! :)

All kidding aside, this looks like it was a fabulously fun event! Your stencil and colour choices are gorgeous! Here's a

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna by mid march. I am terrified! Not kidding. So, you like my little crafty tote? :)
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    It's only paint Miriam. If you do happen to make a mistake you paint over that area and redo it. Before you start put on your favorite music and go for it. You'll do just fine dear.
Miriam I

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post