My Current Project - Inspired By The Hometalk Meetup At Cutting Edge Stencils

02.27.13
This week's hashtag is #MyCurrentProject - anything you're currently working on, be it in your home, garden, or anywhere else. I'm a bit behind on my new year's resolution to update my living/dining area, so this outing to Cutting Edge Stencils was exactly what I needed! Janna and Greg, the owners of CES, are so talented and passionate about what they do. It was a wonderful experience. Now I'm all ready to get started. Wish me luck, and give me a few weeks, ok? :-)

Names from left to right: Laura, The Shed blog by Pet Scribbles, Evey's Creations Eclectically Vintage - Kelly, me, Days of Chalk and Chocolate, City Farmhouse, Finding Home, and Janna from CES.

• This is us at CES! The blank wall behind us is about to undergo some stencil magic! From left to right:
  • Here's the after. Doesn't it look amazing?
  • This is the stenciling process: It's so easy and looks amazing! Simply choose your pattern, paint and wall. Roll on the paint and voila!
  • This is us choosing our stencils. Don't you love the Hometalk hats? :-)
  • This was our work station. We got to stencil totes as well- it was great practice!
  • The proper tools to get started! (Thanks CES!) We learned about the importance of a proper roller brush - you don't want to make that mistake!
  • Building Moxie
    Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    Really cool product/technique. and looked like a super turn out. what fun.
  • Debbie Borthwick
    I did see her post on the stencils, it is well done! I suppose I could start with a very small wall and see how it goes. One day...
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    When exactly (to the hour please) can I expect your reveal post? I'm booking off work to witness this! :)

All kidding aside, this looks like it was a fabulously fun event! Your stencil and colour choices are gorgeous! Here's a

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna by mid march. I am terrified! Not kidding. So, you like my little crafty tote? :)
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    It's only paint Miriam. If you do happen to make a mistake you paint over that area and redo it. Before you start put on your favorite music and go for it. You'll do just fine dear.
Miriam I