Hometalk.com

02.27.13

My Current Project - Inspired By The Hometalk Meetup At Cutting Edge Stencils

This week's hashtag is #MyCurrentProject - anything you're currently working on, be it in your home, garden, or anywhere else. I'm a bit behind on my new year's resolution to update my living/dining area, so this outing to Cutting Edge Stencils was exactly what I needed! Janna and Greg, the owners of CES, are so talented and passionate about what they do. It was a wonderful experience. Now I'm all ready to get started. Wish me luck, and give me a few weeks, ok? :-)

Names from left to right: Laura, The Shed blog by Pet Scribbles, Evey's Creations, Eclectically Vintage - Kelly, me, Days of Chalk and Chocolate, City Farmhouse, Finding Home, and Janna from CES.

20 Comments Displaying 15 of 20 comments | See Previous
  • Can't wait to see it!!! Miriam I
  • Oh, it looks like you all had so much fun!! I love stencils! Can't wait to see what you do Miriam I!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    This sounds like it was such a fun outing. The wall looks awesome. I haven't done allot of stenciling, and never on a wall, but I love using the the large ones on furniture.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Oh! I wish I had been there! I have never done stenciling, but love the look. AND I do love the HT hats! Is there a HT store?
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Jamala W and Jeanette S anyone can have their own Hometalk meetup! :) There isn't a Hometalk store, Jeanette, but we send hats out
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    I had so much fun meeting everyone! Greg and Janna from Cutting Edge Stencils - as well as their assistants - were so helpful and generous with their time! I'm looking at my plain
  • It will be fun to see what you do Miriam! I still think it seems daunting, I don't know if I'd have the nerve to try it. :)
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Debbie Borthwick if I can do it, I have absolutely no doubt that you can! Eclectically Vintage - Kelly just put up a wonderful tutorial on how to stencil that I plan to use: http://eclecticallyvintage.com/2013/02/how-t...
  • Kelli Springfield, MO
    I love that! I can't wait to see your finished product! Cheering you on from here. :)
  • I love stencils, I'm nervous but about to do this to my basement floors. Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product.
  • Building Moxie Baltimore, MD
    Really cool product/technique. and looked like a super turn out. what fun.
  • I did see her post on the stencils, it is well done! I suppose I could start with a very small wall and see how it goes. One day...
  • When exactly (to the hour please) can I expect your reveal post? I'm booking off work to witness this! :)

All kidding aside, this looks like it was a fabulously fun event! Your stencil and colour choices are gorgeous! Here's a

• Miriam I New York, NY
    FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna by mid march. I am terrified! Not kidding. So, you like my little crafty tote? :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    It's only paint Miriam. If you do happen to make a mistake you paint over that area and redo it. Before you start put on your favorite music and go for it. You'll do just fine dear.