Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Create Your Own Customized Room Scent

Gifts to make 2 days ago
Tired of harsh, artificial room sprays and scents? Why not create your own from all-natural ingredients? I created these room scents from lemon, rosemary and vanilla.

To create my personalized scent, I started with two fresh lemons and then added 2 stalks of rosemary and a teaspoon of vanilla in 2 quarts of water in a pan on the stove. I brought the ingredients to a boil and then turned the heat down to let them simmer.

As the water evaporated, I added more water to keep the fruit and herbs covered at all time.

And as the mixture simmered, the house was full of the smell of spring.

And now...I'm growing my own herbs so I have a built-in supply for a fresh smelling house every day!

Time: 10 Minutes Cost: $2.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/personalized-all-natural-room-scents

63 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 1 of 63 comments | See All Comments
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    I love making stuff like this, I usually use essential oils, but those fresh ingredients look so yummy! Your house must smell fabulous!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Thistlewood