Electrical Outlets

12.09.15
In my unfinished basement- I am running electrical wires from Junction Box for outlets. Later my electrician will finish the job. How many electrical outlets can I have per circuit?

• Daniel
    Daniel Mableton, GA
    Is the simplified book called " Flying For Dummys" ?? I am associated with the legal field & i too have to digest /translate mumbo jumbo also. government writers can never say 1+1=2.
  • Bill H
    Bill H Ephrata, PA
    I do apologize for such a long answer, but I wanted to make sure you had everything you need to know about putting receptacles in a basement. The short answer is you need to figure out what electrical stuff you are using in the room and how long the
  • Midlantic Contracting LLC / Midlantic Electric Inc
    All that jibberish is confusing even to some electricians. Here it is short and sweet.

Receptacles - within 6 ft of a doorway or opening, on any wall 2 ft or longer, not farther than 12 ft apart along the wall

• MANUEL ALBERTO D
    MANUEL ALBERTO D Del Rio, TX
    I USUALLY RUN 6 OUTLETS ON A CIRCUIT(RESIDENTIAL)
  • Steve Boccalatte
    Yes, quite a grey area here. In Australia, our power circuits are generally 20amps, meaning that the total maximum load on the circuit should not exceed 20amps. So if you were wiring several bedrooms you could have more points than you would in a kitchen
Daniel