How to Organize Your Closet

gardening 06.15.15
It had been an embarrassingly long time since I'd done a big purge and re-organization of my master closet. So, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Wow - does it feel great! I feel so much lighter and I discovered a few items I'd forgotten that I own!

I love to organize, so I shared a few of my organizing tips on my blog. #SpringCleaning

• I like to group my shirts by sleeve-length and color. It makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for!
  • I fold only a few things because I hate ironing. I group these by color also.
  • My belt hanger doubles as a long necklace holder as well.
  • For awhile I kept some of my shoes in shoe boxes, but decided that I'm better about putting them away if they're out in the open.

To see more: http://lilacsandlonghorns.blogspot.com/2013/04/organizing-my-master-closet.html

• Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    This is done really efficiently. Nice!
  • Rosemary Hesse
    Rosemary Hesse Nottingham, MD
    I really do not like to mix my shoes with my clothes because they can transfer the foot odor. I,too de-cluttered my closet a few years ago and boy am I a happy pup now. They say when you buy a new item then one should also come out of your closet. I
  • Barbara R
    Barbara R Houghton Lake, MI
    Not everyone has a walk-in closet. I've never seen a SMALL closet organization tips that works. Mines' not small, it's large, but was never 'gifted' with a walk-in, I'm sure it's easy to keep more organized!
  • Barbara R
    Barbara R Houghton Lake, MI
    And who has 22 pair of shoes!! Or 50 tops, no wonder you needed to organize!
    • Ashlie
      Ashlie Oak Harbor, WA
      Who doesn't have atleast 22 pairs of shoes and at least 50 tops? I just put a ton of my stuff in boxes for agarage sale and still have atleast that much. granted, a large amt of my shirts are from zoos or museums that I've visited from far away lands (in
  • Monica
    Monica Argentina
    Wouu I need this! good job
Julie - Lilacs and Longhorns

Search Feedback