I covered my attic insulation with an aluminum double layered sheets.

07.09.15
Haven't had time to see effect on electric bill, but we seem to hold in the heat much better. Anyone else tried this. The biggest change will be when the heat of summer gets trapped in the attic instead of fighting the air conditioning.
  • Nichter's Home Services Corp
    Once he sees the signs of blackening molds it is too late. I know of one family whose young son was very adversely effected by mold in the house. When I inspected it, I found a film on top of the attic insulation like this and very wet moldy FG
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    That is a great book Nichter, I know the author very well. I used to hand out that book with every home mold job that my company did. The only thing I can add is to stand back after reading it to try to understand what he is saying. If you take
  • Melissa Gutilla
    Melissa Gutilla Stephens City, VA
    I can tell everyone from personal experience Mold is horrible if you have allergies!! We lived in a home about 10 years ago that got very little light because of the trees in the yard. Our yard was mainly moss and the back of the house had to be cleaned
    Melissa all great points. Mold can be difficult to detect and can cause all sorts of strange illnesses that people would never even think was being caused by a mold issue.
  • LeeAnn Gerleman
    LeeAnn Gerleman Sheldon, IA
    You're in a different climate than I am, in Iowa. but as soon as I moved into my house, I did to my house what my Dad always did. I put a larger screened in grate on one side of the attic, and on the other side, I put a fan with a humidistat which opens
Peter C

Search Feedback