Make a DIY Butterfly Feeder in 6 Easy Steps

ideas 04.27.16
Don't underestimate the butterfly – it's more than just a pretty garden addition! There are 561 known butterfly species in the United States and Canada, all of which pollinate your flowers. Encourage butterflies to visit your yard and pollinate your plants by making a butterfly feeder. It's easy!
Full tutorial: http://bit.ly/18hoQ6m
Note: Some evidence suggests dyes may have negative health effects on humming birds. If you have humming birds in your region, we suggest making this sugar solon without dyes and making your jar extra colorful, instead!

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Farhan Sheikh
    Farhan Sheikh Glen Burnie, MD
    Wow this is super cool!
  • Karen Stephen Pollard
    Karen Stephen Pollard Manchester, NH
    When you turn the jar upside down, the nectar won't drip out via the sponge????
  • Theresa
    Theresa Canada
    I read that you should never use dyes or Jell-O in the Hummingbird food, as it is no good for their tummy. I know, I did purchase the prepared Hummingbird food, which has the colored crap in it, and I for one, know that my Hummingbirds DO NOT like it.
  • Anne fenske
    Anne fenske Canada
    Paint the jar red and use a yellow or white sponge. Real nectar is clear. The idea is to attract them with red around the nectar sponge. Or just paint the lid red.
  • Helen Anders
    Helen Anders Candler, NC
    Sugar is bad for butterflies. Use honey instead.
BrightNest