Has anyone ever used the product called restore for painting concrete? i want to paint my patio this summer.

01.18.16
  • Michelle I
    Michelle I Marshallville, GA
    I haven't but I painted my patio floor when I lived in Florida, to look like tile, I bought brownish concrete paint and I used regular masking tape every 12 inches one way then I did the same thing the opposite direction, and had made my patio look like
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    Amazing improvements, you hit the nail on the head. In this industry I have seen many companies pop up making great claims about their product, only to find out they are full of it! I take all the marketing with a grain of salt and if im interested i
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Good to know. I hope the only question I have is, 'can you do this job?'
  • Amazing Improvements and Garages
    Charles, in our biz we have to keep our eyes and ears open while maintaining a skeptical view on claims made by material mfgs. We are also Elite Crete certified installers but am not swallowing the entire pitcher of "kool aid" when it comes to their
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    H&C has to sound pretty mundane to a concrete guy.

It's the only one I know about because it's universally available at the ubiquitous SW paint stores. Knowing some of the

• Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    sher-wms bought h&c several yrs ago,,, imo, its not as good as kemido,,, i was never a fan of h&c but not so much because it wasn't good as due to the due to many improper uses/installation from untrained personnel,,, painters claim'd the work as mtls
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    its really concrete, have you tried any of the StainZ yet?
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Sher-Wms also carries concrete stain.

If it is in the sun, you will probably have to redo it in 3-4 years.

• Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    kemiko stain's avail to diy'ers,,, the best resource of acid-stains is a distributor/supplier w/personal hands-on experience particularly in slab prep,,, don't make the mistake of trying to stain a dry slab w/1-time application,,, best to stain wet & use
  • Mary B
    Mary B Woodlyn, PA
    thats a really good idea, I will definately do that.
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    Mary, the best suggestion i can give you if your going to try and stain your patio yourself is watch some You Tube videos and read as much as you can online about the different type of concrete stains and dyes. Theres no eraser if you mess up so practice
  • Mary B
    Mary B Woodlyn, PA
    thanks so much for your suggestion, I have a nice size concrete patio any suggestions for a specific stain and how do I apply the stain?
  • Mary B
    Mary B Woodlyn, PA
    yes I agree thank you so much for your input
  • Mary B
    Mary B Woodlyn, PA
    thank you so much, you have saved me a lot of time and money.
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    I'll stick to the wood decks and small pads. Amazing, Thanks.
Mary B