Hometalk.com

For the Garden 3 days ago

Gardening

I just found a rusty porcelain tub at a sale for $2.00 so of course, I had to plant it. I used some of my dishes from my stash and planted them with Allysum, Moss Rose, Verbena and Violets. I put gravel in the bottom of the teapot and teacup for drainage. I also drilled holes in the bottom of the tub.Still debating if I should spray paint the tub with a pastel color.
17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • Elvira Pulido Mcallen, TX
    You did an awesome job. Looks really nice. I also love blue colors, especially aqua.
  • Carla De Bauche Sturgeon Bay, WI
    love it!
  • Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    Completely Cool!!! xo
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett Rocky Mount, NC
    That is soooooo cute and creative....I might just put something like that in my yard!
  • Jessica Cramer Mc Farland, WI
    Very cute! Love the turquoise tea pot!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Adorable! I would love to have a couple of these pans in my kitchen. It looks a great size!
  • Peggy Willis Blanchard, OK
    love this
  • Laila Mercado-Harris Panama City Beach, FL
    Lovely and unique
  • Patty W Hopkinsville, KY
    Omg! I have a ton of those plates we ate off them till microwaves came in. I always wondered what to do w/ them, other than setting plants on them. I even have a lot of the wash pans we used them for canning & freezing. Now I'm thinking I need to to
  • L. Duclos Longmont, CO
    I love the porcelain tub. Wouldn't change a thing.
  • Kim Neillsville, WI
    How creative and totally charming! Thanks for sharing your cool idea.
  • CindyD Arnold, MD
    Yes, I love this!!
  • Valerie South Africa
    I agree with L. Duclos - it is perfect the way it is! I also would not change a thing!
  • Keri Grand Blanc, MI
    IDidn't know porcelain could rust.
    • B.J. B Lexington, MI
      Keri Hi Keri, nice to see a fellow Michigander. The porcelain rusts where it gets old and wears away from the surface or it gets knicked or scratched. The metal underneath rusts.