Hometalk.com

For the Garden 04.04.14

Repurposed Bundt Pan Succulent Centerpiece

Last weekend I picked up some vintage bundt pans. I guess I could have actually used them for baking but I thought planting some succulents would be more fun! I repurposed the bundt pan and planted eight mini succulents. I added a mason jar vase full of driftwood to the middle to create the perfect summer centerpiece for indoors or outdoors! See my blog post for more details. #OutdoorEntertaining #succulents #repurposed

To see more: http://www.makinghomebase.com/repurposed-planter-succulent-centerpiece/

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Valerie South Africa
    These are beautiful! I saw something similar where they were used as the center piece for an out-door table, as the hole in the middle allows for an umbrella to be used.
  • I have so many of these pans, what a great idea....really nice!
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Love them in the copper.
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
  • Making Home Base San Diego, CA
    Douglas Hunt Thanks, I love the copper as well! Thank you, Alexandra Arena! Valerie That would be wonderful! Lisa Conforto, lucky! You can make several :)
  • Nancy Walnut Creek, CA
    Your pretty copper pan is actually a jello mold and would not have worked as a bundt pan .. so glad you decided to plant instead of bake :)
  • Lori J Broken Bow, NE
    Ditto on the jello mold and amen to the repurposing. I have been looking for just this sort of thing for my patio umbrella.
  • Making Home Base San Diego, CA
    Nancy Thanks for the info! It didn't even occur to me that it could be a jello mold! Nevertheless - still neat and still makes a wonderful planter ;)
  • Bonnie Lebanon, MO
    LOVE this, great idea!! I have some old angel food pans that are dented and don't hold the batter well anymore that this would be a perfect repurpose for! ...and maybe a candle in the middle...
  • Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    Did you add holes for drainage? I know succulents don't have a huge need for water, but this is so original and clever. I have a jello mold that's similar and love succulents. WOOHOO!! :)